1.30 Shadow Virus

A few days later. In the woods. 

I was in the woods, training with Avalon.

Avalon "Why are you training this hard?"

Me "because i think it's suspicious that we haven't heard anything from Darkar since we lost to the Trix at Cloud Tower"

Avalon nodded "indeed. We haven't heard from him in quite some time"

Me "i have a feeling that this is the calm before the storm"

Then i threw a fireball at a stone but the stone didn't even scratch.

I froze and flew back down to the ground. 

Avalon asked worried "Echo, what's wrong?"

I sighed and drove a hand through my hair "i don't know. It's like since Darkar showed up my powers have been ..... fading. "

Avalon "i would recommend you take a break from training"

I shook my head "if i can't even break some silly stone then how the hell can i beat the Trix? Sonner or later they will find the Codex in the Secret Archives. "

Avalon "don't worry about it. The secret Archives are impossible to find"

I shook my head, scoffing "i was raised within these walls. i knew where they are"

Avalon nodded "you need to promise that you will never tell anyone about the location of the secret archives, including me"

I nodded "i promise"

At Alfea. 

We were at the front gate. 

Avalon "you are being weakened by the power of the phoenix because it represents the opposite of your dragon flame"

I nodded "that's what i am worried about"

Avalon "if you could regain your connection to the dragon flame then you'd be able to balance the power of the phoenix"

I asked surprised "you think i am able to do that?"

Avalon "It's inside you, Echo. finding it is gonna be hard but it's not impossible"

Caramel sat down on my shoulder "but what if something happens to you?"

Avalon "unlikely but it's a decision that Echo has to make"

Me "if i do that- if i succeed, will i be strong enough to beat Darkar?"

Avalon nodded "yes"

i gave Cara a kiss on her head "i'll see you when i get back, okay?"

she nodded, smiling "be careful"

I smiled "i promise"

In Avalon's office. 

I nodded "i am ready"

Avalon opened the door  "I'm sure it'll work but we both know every magic adventure can bring unexpected results" 

Suddenly Musa, Stella and Flora and the pixies flew into the room. They head leaned against the door. 

Avalon smiled "ladies"

The girls giggled embarrassed. 

I smiled. 

Avalon "Ladies, i have ask you to please wait outside while i cast the spell. Echo deserves my full attention"

The girls smiled and walked out.