chapter 62.

flash forward

flash forward

"Even though he has made mistakes in his lifetime, he did try to be a better person. I've had time to come to terms with what had happened over the past week and still to this day I think of what would've happened if our relationship was better. If there was some way we could've fixed our differences what would have happened?" the speaker said.

present tense :

"I should go apologize to the twins, "Marco said after a very long and intense meeting with the head of the mafia." And congratulations on the pregnancy Antonio and Abby," he said with a slight smile.

"How did you know "Antonio asked surprised.
"Your mom was pregnant six times and you're asking me how I know, "Marco asked with a little chuckle.

"Right "Antonio mumbled.

"I can't fucking believe this shit."Alex said as she paced back and forth."Why couldn't we have been blessed with loving parents instead of parents who try to kill us or get us killed every other fucking week? What did we do to deserve this much emotional and physical tra- WHAT"Alex said all in one breathe but got caught off with a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"Marco asked from the other side.
"If your name is Marco fucking De'Luca then no you cannot fucking enter, "Alessa said from her spot on the bed.

"I just want to talk, "Marco said "and apologize, "he said a minute later.

"You can take that apology and shove it up to your as-," Alex said about to go off but Viktor wrapped his hands around her mouth to keep her from spewing the vile words out.

"Just listen to what he has to say ok lex, "Viktor said as he slowly released her ." At least he's trying to fix it, "he said looking into her eyes.

"Bullshit, "Gio said as he threw paper balls into the trash can from across the room.

"We'll just leave so you guys can listen and talk to him and try to at least hear him out, "Sienna said as they got up to leave the younger De'Luca's to talk to Marco.

"You have 5 minutes and don't waste it, "Alessandro said as he gave Marco a death stare.

"I guess I'll start with when you guys got taken away from us, "Marco said as he sat down.

"We'll talk then times a wasting," Gianni said tapping his wrist where his watch would've been.

"Right."Marco said nervously."That night that Alessa and Alex were taken away Aurora and I had argued the whole day and she was going on about how dangerous the lifestyle was and just bitching about everything and blamed me for how her life turned out. I thought the argument was stupid and complete bullshit seeing as she had been in the lifestyle just as long as I had been. I guess she finally gave up and left and took you guys with her. I admit the whole arranged marriage may have been a big factor in her taking you guys but it was already done."Marco said.

"After I woke up and found her gone and figured out that she took the girls I wasn't in the right headspace for the longest. I had lost the love of my life, well she was the love of my life at one point but sometimes people fall out of love. So I lost the one woman who stuck by my side through thick and thin and I lost my baby girls. I was in the headspace where I thought for the longest that if I couldn't keep them then why did I deserve to keep the rest of you guys. So I left without looking back, thinking it was for the best."Marco said.

"FOR THE BEST "Gio yelled "That's fucking rich. You left Antonio to take over the mafia and to raise us at the age of 15. He was still a fucking kid and you thought that was for the best. You don't fucking give up on your children because you thought you didn't deserve them because your fucking lunatic of an ex-wife left. We NEVER gave up on finding the twins. Antonio spent his teenage years raising us and searching for them day in and day out while making us the strongest mafia and fixing the alliance you almost fucked up for all of us. You're fucking pathetic "Gio said before walking to the door.

"Wait Giovanni, "Marco said before Gio walked out of the room.

"I'm sorry. I know I've failed you all and that I should've reached out sooner to fix our relationship but I just didn't know how I could face you all after what I did ."Marco said looking into Gio's eyes "I genuinely apologize for that and I'm sorry that I couldn't be the father figure you deserved but I am trying here to fix this ."He said.

"You're about 11 years too late for that dad," Gio spat as he walked out with Gianni and Alessandro running behind him.

"Girls I am genuinely sorry for the deal I made. You are right Alexandria, I had no right making that deal back then and now. I just wanted to apologize to you all for the awful parenting that I've done and I hope one day you could forgive me "he said with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"You're doing a better job than your late wife so far, "Alex said wiping her tears "but we need time to work on the forgiveness aspect. Not just because you hurt us but you also hurt the family "She said.

"Yeah, Marco. We get that after we left you were going through a hard time but the boys needed you the most during that time and you just left. They needed a father figure and you weren't there. The rest of the boys especially the older ones are good at hiding their emotions but the twins aren't and for some reason, they were hurt the most by your actions"Alessa said ."We don't know you well but it's never too late to change that "she said with a hopeful smile.

"Well I'm glad to hear it, "Marco said with a grateful smile.

"Good. Now we're going to go into the living room and you should go talk to the other three and apologize to them because they deserve an explanation as well ."Alessa said grabbing Alex's hand.

"OH and we have your son Nicoly or Nic something, I forgot but he's in the basement if you want to have a little father-son reunion," Alex said.

"Who "Marco asked confused.

Looks like Marco is trying to make some amends here and right his wrongs

Looks like Marco is trying to make some amends here and right his wrongs .ALSO someone said last chapter that Abby and the twins should've been sent to the capitol to protect it because they are "scary asf" and I ABSOLUTELY agree .They would've been there in the first thirty minutes to air it out .

Xoxo