8

"I missed going up this stair," Junghye grinned, as she leaned against the railing and stared down at the stair that connected to her family's house's backyard.

Both houses were just next to each other with their connected backyard; one on the top part of the hill and the other just by the side, at the bottom of the hill.

"I used to imagine each of these steps lights up whenever I step on it, and then my dad put sensor lights on the sides and made my dream came true," she smiled.

"Your dad is so creative. How's the business doing there?" Jin asked.

"Great. His passion in landscaping yard and all is still burning, like always."

"This house..." he halted, then pointing to her empty family's house. "It's currently empty? There's no one since... the last time you and your family were here?"

"Yeah. Mom and dad did come back here a few times. The last time they came back here was..." she stopped, doing a quick counting before she spoke, "five or six months ago?"

"And you had been back for... three months, right?"

"Yup. But I decided to move out and live alone. I'm a big girl anyway," she said, turning to him with a smirk, "just like you. You moved too, right?"

"How did you know that?"

"Your mom told me, duh," she sighed boringly, looking up at the pink-orange evening sky. "Did you move in with Minju?"

Jin sharply turned to her with a red face, totally flustered with her sudden question. "No! I'm not... that kind of a guy..."

"As expected," Junghye laughed, then patted the back of his head playfully as she continued, "you're still the old Kim Seokjin, who is afraid of girls. Especially me."

"Shut up!" he snapped, beginning to chase after her who had run away from him, laughing.

"Hahahaha! Oh, right!" She stopped, right in the middle of the backyard. Jin approached her and stood beside her as her eyes stuck at one big tree, standing by the corner of the area.

"That tree... Was it the one where my dad had built us a treehouse?" she asked him, eyes lighted up as she looked up at him.

"It's still there," he said, nodding.

"Really?!" she excitedly said, then ran towards the tree while Jin followed from behind.

"Wow! It is still there!" Junghye chuckled as both of them arrived under the tree and looked up, where an old treehouse was built years ago, special for the two of them by Junghye's father.

"Don't tell me you're going up," Jin asked, a bit concerned as she took a few steps towards the tree.

And as expected from Junghye, she turned her head to him and snickered, with one hand on the steps attached to the tree, as she said, "I don't have to tell you."

"H-Hey, be careful!" he warned as he watched her climb up the steps.

"Don't worry! It's still strong!" she laughed as she kept on climbing, and finally arrived at the top of the tree. "Whoa!"

"What is it?!" Jin suddenly called out, feeling worried now when she was still standing on one of the steps, facing the treehouse.

"Slightly smaller than when we were younger. Obviously," she giggled, then she took another climb into the treehouse. But since it was small for her now, she sat on the entrance and let her legs swung freely.

She looked down at Jin on the ground, and flashed a cheeky smile at him, patting a spot next to her and said, "and there's a space here, enough for you."