18

Junghye stared at her feet, hanging back and forth as she waited.

She looked around the hospital's park, with the hope to see Jiwook. But she could only see some people hanging out in the park; some were families, some were couples, with some patients.

She sighed and began to look through her phone, with her mind being somewhere else.

'Really? Why him? Why?'

"What did he mean by that..." she mumbled to herself, remembering what had happened earlier.

She had fallen into her deep thoughts because of the sudden moment she had with Seokjin, when suddenly she felt a pair of arms, hugging her from behind.

"Hey," Jiwook whispered against her head, kissing it.

She turned around and watched him making his way around the bench and stood before her in his working attire.

"Jiwook..." she whispered, slowly putting her arms around his body and hugged him with eyes closed, looking for the comfort that she really needed.

"Hey, hey. What is it, dear?" Jiwook whispered against her forehead, as he put his arms around her, embracing her carefully.

"I missed you."

Simple, yet enough to make him smile and felt warm as he tightened his hug around her.

"Missed you too," he replied, placing a kiss on her head. "Have you eaten?"

"I'm waiting for you," she giggled, pulling away from him and tiptoed as she quickly kissed him.

He couldn't help but chuckle at her sudden action, so he lightly tapped the tip of her nose with his fingers.

"Aw...okay. Let's go eat now."

He grabbed her hand in his, and their eyes met with smiles on their faces. And it just made him realized something.

Is it because of me falling too deep in love with her that I can't seem to read her mind this time?

*******************

Weeks, months had passed by.

Everything was a bit normal, but most of the time it bothered Junghye.

After she got into a relationship with Jiwook, she had rarely seen Seokjin in the mart now, and it had made her wonder a lot.

In the hospital, usually, she would've seen him in the cafeteria with Minju, but now all she could witness was Minju having meals with her friends, every single day.

Even when she visited her family's place, she has rarely seen him anywhere in his family house neither.

She stared at the packet of Seokjin's favorite gummies in her hands, and she let out a sigh.

Again, only to remember the day when it happened.

"What did he talk about last time? Urgh, Kim Seokjin," Junghye grunted, placing the snack onto the shelf, continuing re-stocking it.

"Could it be..." she stopped and remembered the rainy night where she had her first kiss with Jiwook and the mysterious slam.

"Did he saw me and Jiwook..."

"She's Jiwook oppa's new girlfriend, right?"

Suddenly a whispery voice was coming from the far end of the shop, just right from her right side where the beverages were placed.

Junghye walked towards the group of young nurses, that was literally talking about her with their backs on her.

"But I thought she's Seokjin oppa's other girlfriend?"