24

"Ah, Seokjinnie," the caretaker softly called out as she opened the door and saw Seokjin standing there outside.

"How are you, Mrs. Choi?" he asked, walking into the courtyard of his grandma's house.

"Oh, I'm fine. Like always," she chortled, closing the door behind them as they began to walk towards the house.

"How's grandma?"

"Good. Like always. Wanna see her? You should go to her room, moreover, Jung-ie is here too."

Seokjin halted in his steps, at the mention of the nickname he hadn't heard for a long time.

"Im Junghye is here too?"

"Yeah. Ever since Madam Cheon got out of the hospital, she has always come here to accompany her," the caretaker said, opening the door and letting him in. "I'm going to make tea for them."

"Let me be with you," Seokjin warmly smiled.

"Oh, okay then."

Both of them then walked into the big place, heading straight towards the kitchen.

He smiled at the view of one of the biggest spaces of the mansion. He looked around, remembering all the exact details of the same kitchen he used to be in when he was much younger.

"Mrs. Choi. How long have you been with grandma?" he began to ask, sitting on one of the high chairs beside one of the kitchen counters.

"Well, even before you and Seokjung were born. I've been with her since we were even younger!" Mrs. Choi explained, softly laughing as she began to make the tea.

"Wow. You're such a loyal friend."

"She's more like a sister to me. Even after I got married and had kids, she wanted me to stay here as the house caretaker, even though she had the younger workers," the caretaker smiled, pouring the hot water into a ceramic teapot.

"Well, to remember back, you were also our babysitter," Seokjin chuckled.

"Not just the Kims," the caretaker softly said, walking towards him with a ceramic cup in her hands. "The Ims as well," she said, putting the cup of tea softly onto the granite counter and slid it towards him.

Seokjin thanked her softly and blew on the tea, before taking a sip.

"Every time you kids were sent here, I was so happy. You little kids were just like my own children," she whispered, reminiscing the old days.

"I remembered that we loved it when you bake," he laughed, taking another sip.

"And I'm still baking it till today!"

Mrs. Choi then walked across the kitchen towards the big, two-door fridge and opened it. She pulled out a large container and brought it over to him with excitement.

"Whoa!" Seokjin gasped as she opened the lid off and there were a dozen of frosted cupcakes in the container, pretty much like the cupcakes he ate when he was younger.

"It's the first batch earlier this morning. Our classic cupcakes," she joyously said when she came back with a dessert plate and a fork. She carefully took one of the cupcakes and placed it onto the plate, passing it to him.

"I made this one a bit bigger. Kinda special one for you."

Seokjin had just realized the difference of the cupcake that she had picked for him, and he began to admire the decoration details as Mrs. Choi began to walk back towards the tea she was preparing.

"So, what magic spells did you use here this time?"

She froze for a moment as she heard that, and slowly turned around to him.