53

"That was magnificent," Seokjin approved, nodding his head as he looked around the Mount Cook area as they both walked down the trekking path, going back from the Hooker Valley to the parking lot.

"Yes! The last time I went here was with my family. Mom almost gave up halfway through, but dad kept on pushing her," Junghye giggled as she turned around at him, walking backward. "This is the one place that I can visit lots of time."

"You love nature so much."

"Who wouldn't? It gives out these positive vibes and calming effects," she smiled, turning back to the front and her eyes caught something in the open field, just right beside her.

"Oh, can you hold this for a moment?" she asked, passing her gloves to him. After he took it from her, she immediately went off-track to pick up a daisy flower among the other floras in the area.

"What are you going to do with that?" he asked, watching her giggling as she made it back to the track and walked ahead of him.

"Just... playing around with it," she shrugged, but then she began to pluck each petal, whispering along; "I should, I should not. I should, I should not."

Confused, Seokjin caught up to her and kept his pace as hers. "What you should or should not?"

"Shh."

"Seriously?"

"Shhhhhhhhhhh," she shushed him, then continued her focus back onto the flower. "I should not, I should. I should not..."

She paused there at the last two petals and her smile widened.

"I should, I should not! Woah yeah, haha!" she cheered as she plucked the last two.

"What is it?!" he asked again, getting impatient with her actions.

"Nothing. Let's go now!" she laughed, making a sudden dash towards the parking lot that had come to their view.

Jin got seriously frustrated with her, he quickened his pace and finally approached the car, with her leaning against the car's boot.

"Hey, you left me confused back there! What was it that you were deciding?!" he grunted, catching his breath.

"Nothing! I was just deciding... Are you curious?" she chuckled, crossing her arms.

"Well, if it does have anything related to me, yes I am!"

"You wouldn't like it, seriously."

He walked closer to her and muttered under his breath. "Tell. Me."

"I should not. You heard what was the last choice, right? So, nope!"

Junghye smirked, then opened the front passenger's door and as she stepped in, he grabbed the door frame, startling her.

"I'll buy today's meals. Lunch, dinner, snacks, supper. Just... Tell me."

"Why are you being such a curious cat?" she sighed. "Buy me food, then I'll tell you."

"Promise? Say that you promise!"

She rolled her eyes at him, completely annoyed now and kinda regretted it a bit. "Fine!"

***

The sky was turning dark soon, as Seokjin parked the car back in the motel's parking lot. And both of them noticed a large group of people, gathering over a spot around the lake.

They got out of the car with curiosity, and Junghye called out to Matt, who was right walking out of the main lodge with a box in his hands. He changed his direction towards them, looking excited.