55

"Morning. How was your sleep?" Junghye asked as she saw Jin went up the stairs and towards the kitchen as she poured the cereal into her bowl.

"Normal. What reaction did you expect from me?" he asked, pulling one of the high stools and sitting down across the kitchen counter, watching her grabbing a gallon of milk from the fridge behind her.

"I don't know... Not comfortable, maybe? Since the house was empty for um... when did I come back to Seoul? Ten or eleven months ago. Ah, almost a year," she said, pouring the milk into her bowl.

"How long did you have this place?"

"Well, a year and a half after I came here, I bought this place. Because I just love Queenstown. It's just... calming for me."

"The person that gave you the key yesterday?"

"Oh, that's Glory. She takes care of the house when I'm not around, in return for me taking care of her kids. Plus, she and her husband were dad's clients, so I can say that we're close."

"Why did you buy a house here when you're living in Korea?"

"I'm not going to stay in Korea forever. I'm going to move and settle here for the rest of my life."

This had made Jin feeling a bit taken aback. "Alone?" he asked.

"Yeah. Alone."

"Then... What about our house?"

"I can give it to you then. You can start a new life with someone else in that place."

"But-"

Junghye swiftly turned to the wall clock and sighed. "Ah, we better get ready soon after I finish this. I'm meeting some friends. You're coming with me?"

"Yeah," he simply answered.

"Well, you should have some cereal while I get ready. Here, take this."

She slid the bowl of cereal with milk towards him and said; "I actually prepared it for you."

He scooped some of the cereal, only to realize the generous amount of the cereal. When he was about to say something, Junghye was already running down the stairs, giggling to herself.

"But... this is too much cereal!" he shouted out.

"I know! So that I can have extra time to get ready!" she yelled back from downstairs before he heard her door closing.

***

"Uh..."

Junghye turned around, only to find Jin staring at the orange building. She walked over to him and grabbed his arm.

"You're turning white. What's wrong?" she softly asked.

"I-I don't have to do it too, right?" he stuttered, his staggering breath was so obvious to her.

"Well, no one forces you but I would be glad if you take part as well. We can swing together."

"Nope, nope, nope," he said, immediately shaking his head.

"Then it's your loss. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you know? You would never know if you ever come back here. With or without me," she said, trying to convince him, but when he shook his head again, she smiled. "That's fine."

Junghye led the way into the main building while grabbing onto his hand, straight to the front desk.

"Hello! Welcome to the Nevis Playground. How many?" one of the workers asked brightly.