1

"I... I..."

Junghye was trembling in his grip, not knowing what to say as she wasn't expecting to meet him this way.

"Im Junghye. I'm asking you. What are you doing here?" Jin asked, clenching his jaw.

"I'm... I'm h-here... for... th-the we-wedding," she said, trying to compose herself as she freed her arm from his grip.

"Don't you dare to try anything funny," he warned, letting out a loud sigh.

"W-Why are you m-mad at me?"

Jin chuckled, shaking his head as he crossed his arms upon hearing the question.

"Oh, why huh? Hm... let's do a quick throwback. You pushed me into a mud pool, you took away my specs, you ruined my shirt. Hm... what else," he halted, glancing at her as he tapped his chin, before he whispered, "bully?"

Bully. Right, I used to bully him.

"... stole my lunch, even in New Zealand you humiliated me-"

"Stop!" Junghye suddenly yelled at him. "That was in the past. I'm sorry for everything-"

"Wow. You think that it will be that easy?" he snorted, shaking his head, and then peered at her again. "One thing for you to know: I will never, ever forgive you. Why are you even here anyway? Who invited you?"

"Seokjin ah."

A woman's voice got both of their attentions, and they turned.

"Mom," Jin called out to his mother, who quickly approached Junghye.

"I invited her," his mother smiled, grabbing Junghye's hand.

"What?! But mom, she's-"

"Past is in the past. Besides, you guys were kids. Playing around is common-"

"No, mom! I told you a thousand times; she always bullies me! Whenever she sees me, she will do something!"

"Kim Seokjin!" his mother called out, putting an end to his whine. "That was years ago when both of you were still kids. Now, both of you are adults. I don't think she would still bully you."

"You never know, mom! Even when we were in college and university-"

His mother waved her hand at him, showing that she had done with him, then turned to Junghye with a smile.

"Come on, Junghye. I've prepared something for you to wear," she said, grabbing and led the girl towards the door.

Seokjin grunted as he watched his mother being all kind to his once-a-bully, so he called out: "Mom!"

"Seokjin. Go now. Your brother needs you. You're the host, remember?" his mother reminded him, before closing the door behind.

"Mom- urgh! She got my mom!" he grunted, making heavy steps towards the entrance, where Hoseok and Namjoon were waiting for him.

*

"Um... where should I sit?"

"Oh, follow me," Seokjin's mother whispered, grabbing onto Junghye's hand as they made their way to one of the tables in the large hall.

Once they arrived at a table of four, the two guys that she had seen earlier were in their seats. Both of them turned and immediately stood up, bowing their heads to the mother. Seokjin's mother placed her hand behind Junghye, introducing her to them.

"They are Seokjinnie's friends. Namjoon ah, Hoseok ah... this is Junghye. Please take care of her. She's a close friend's daughter," she smiled, giving her trust to them.