36

"You're not going home?"

"This is my home," Junghye muttered, staring at her mug, half-filled with hot tea.

Mrs. Han sighed, turning around to her daughter from her dishwashing chores.

"No. Your 'home' home. With your husband?" she asked again, taking off her rubber gloves.

"No!" Junghye firmly said, before she began to drink her tea till the last drop.

"Did you guys fight again?!" her mom scolded, crossing her arms as she watched her daughter staring at the mug. "Seriously, can't you guys just be nice to each other? What happened to the old baby Jungie and Jinnie?"

Junghye immediately looked up to her mom, and her face contorted at the mentions of their old nicknames. "Urgh..."

The doorbell rang. Without any words, Mrs. Han walked to the front of their family house.

Junghye stayed in the dining area, staring at her empty mug as she heard the sound of the door opened by her mom. Then she heard footsteps, and it wasn't just her mom's footsteps.

"Good. You're here," Mrs. Han said, entering the area with someone behind her.

Junghye looked up and she scowled.

"Oh, come... on!!!" she yelled, hitting her fist on the table as she glared at Seokjin. "Stop bothering me!"

"I'm taking you home!" he sternly said, reaching out to grab her arm, but she quickly drew herself back by standing away from him.

"No, I don't want to go with you!"

"Im Junghye!!!" Mrs. Han snapped, pushing one of the chairs under the table with force, completely losing her patience.

"Stop being childish! He's your husband, and he has the ultimate right over you! He is responsible for everything about you. So you MUST oblige with his words!"

Everywhere felt so tense right now because of her mom's anger, and Junghye froze on her spot.

Seokjin watched her slowly let her head hung low, and she began to cry hard.

She covered her face with her hands, continued to cry and at this point, Seokjin really wanted to hug her tight.

"Huh," her mom sighed, then she looked over to him. "Seokjin, take her with you-"

"You don't love me anymore!!!" Junghye suddenly shouted to her mom, quickly stomped her way out, passing both of them, still crying.

"Junghye- urgh, God!" her mom sighed again and quickly reached out to Seokjin. "Seokjin, please. She's just... being too emotional."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Han. I'll talk to her," he smiled, nodding to her.

"And be nice to her."

*****

Seokjin stood in front of her door, hesitating whether he should or should not check on her.

But he never saw her coming out of the room ever since they got home, and that was an hour and forty minutes ago. And it worried him.

After a deep breath, he finally placed his hand on the door and began to knock.

"Junghye ah," he softly called out and knocked again. But he got no response. Nor some noises from the room. He looked at the doorknob and checked if it was locked, and luckily it was not.

He slowly pushed the door open and peeked his head in.

"Jung- oh? Where is she?" he muttered to himself, looking around her dimly lit room.