15

"He gave you that? Oh my! So, does this mean that you guys are together now?!" Soojung erratically said, pointing out to the silver bracelet with a single diamond charm, hugging around Junghye's right wrist.

"No! None of us ever mention that, so we're still friends," Junghye explained, staring at the bracelet that Jiwook had given her from on their fifth hangout.

"Hah."

A simple word disrupted them, and without even looking, she already knew who it was.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Junghye asked, shooting Seokjin with a boring stare from behind the cashier area.

"Yes. And I want to pay this," he said, tapping his fingers on a package of gummies that he had placed onto the counter.

Junghye sighed and made her way towards the cashier and began to scan his item.

"Why does someone like you even buy things here? Don't rich kids like you get things from outside?" she nonchalantly asked, taking the cash from him and proceeded to calculate the change.

"Excuse me? This is my dad's hospital. I can do whatever I want, go wherever I want, buy whatever I want," he explained, taking the change back from her. "Plus, only this mart that sells my favorite gummies CLOSER than other places."

"You can get monthly supplies of this snack online, duh."

"Why would you care about me buying here?"

Junghye snickered and crossed her arms before she started to speak.

"Before you found out that I'm working here, you never come. Then after that, you're here almost every single day," she pointed out, tilting her head up a bit. "Are you here to see me every day because you miss me? Aw, thank you, but no."

"It's just that... I wonder why also rich kids like you work in small mart like this instead of working in offices even though you graduated?" Seokjin confidently asked.

"I do what I want," Junghye said through her gritted teeth.

"Exactly same as me. I do what I want."

"Now, go," Junghye finally said, motioned him to leave the mart, which he did without any more words.

"You're right though," Soojung suddenly said, only to just realize something. "Before you even work here, he rarely came here. Well actually... he NEVER came here."

"You know, maybe it's because he hates me so much that he just wanted to make sure that I never been a step ahead of him," Junghye guessed, only to be responded with Soojung shaking her head.

"Nah... I don't think so," she said, clearly having a different answer.

"You don't? Well... your opinion?"

"He got feelings for you."

Junghye frowned, and she began to roll an old newspaper near her and showed it to Soojung, who then giggled after witnessing her reaction.

"Once again I heard that from you, Lee Soojung, I will steal your lunch,"

*

Junghye let out a long, heavy sigh as she made her way down the sidewalk, leaving the hospital behind as she had done with work on that day.

Suddenly, a car stopped beside her, so was her steps. Her eyes widened when Jiwook stepped out of the car with a smile.

"Oh? Jiwook?" she called out.

"Hey... Going home?" he asked, flashing his cute smile at her.

"Yeah."

"Let's go out. Grab a dinner? My treat."