68

*****************************************

You are going to marry him, Junghye.

No, grandma. Please...

Why not?

It will be hard for him. If he knows-

You wanted him to forgive you. Making his life bad in the past wasn't really a good idea, you know? That was your biggest mistake.

That's because I don't want him to attach himself to me.

You're wrong. He already did. He already did when you were young. He only has you. Also, leaving and staying in New Zealand wasn't helping much as well. You're coming back here, only strengthened his lost feelings. I don't care, you're marrying him.

But grandma... I am going to hurt him in the end. When I die, what if he cries? What if he gets heartbroken, thinking about my death...

Im Junghye dear... My Kim Seokjin is made for you. Always for you. That is why I kept the both of you closer. No matter what the ending will be, he will always be for you.

But... I only create sadness more than happiness for him.

*****************************************

"Her baby is fine, totally fine."

"How many months old is the baby?" Jin asked the doctor in charge, and when the doctor was taken aback a bit, he revealed. "Sorry, I just found it out, so... I don't really know."

"Healthy five-weeks, entering six. Don't worry, she's doing well. Except for her brain tumor."

His forehead crinkled. "S-Sorry, what?"

"Brain tumor. She had a brain tumor, apparently stage four. We've detected some unusual activity in her blood, so we did intensive checkups on her..." the doctor paused for a moment, then he asked again. "Let me guess: you never know?"

Jin let out a heavy, frustrated sigh and turned around, immediately barging into Junghye's room, tears rolling down his face as he saw her on the bed, facing the window.

"Im Junghye," he called out, quickly approaching her and standing by her bed. "Why are you hiding it from me?"

She slowly opened her eyes, staring out the window. "I just found out about the pregnancy too-"

"The tumor!" he snapped, instantly covering his face with his hands, trembling as he sobbed. "The brain tumor... Why... Why does it have to be you? It should've been me..."

Junghye reached out to his hands, pulling them away from his face as he sat down next to her.

"Jinnie, look at me, please," she whispered, cupping his face softly.

"The curse should be on me, not you," he breathed out, staggering as he finally met her calm eyes.

"You silly. Grandma had it last time, so of course, next, it will be an Im."

"But that doesn't mean that it must be YOU!"

"And I'm glad my brother and sister aren't the chosen ones."

Jin shook his head, still couldn't accept the fact that Junghye was the one who got the curse of their generation.

"We had amazing times together, and now..." he cried out and grabbed her hands, placing kisses all over it. "Junghye, I don't want you to go. Please... I don't... want you to go..."