41

It was raining. Heavily raining. Junghye stared out of the window, sobbing quietly.

Even the sky was crying along with her.

After fighting her brain tumor illness without any surgery, Madam Cheon Hye Jung finally passed away two days after she got admitted to the ICU. Her families and the Im family were there when she breathed her last breath, with both Junghye and Seokjin by her side.

Junghye was always alone when guests came to give their last respect to grandma, but Seokjin had always made sure that she was okay.

She sniffed when he parked the car into the garage and cut off the engine. Both of them stayed in the car for a while, in total silence as the rain got even heavier than before.

"If you need me, just look for me, okay?" Seokjin softly whispered as he looked over to her and slowly grabbed her hands.

She nodded, before opening the door and stepped out of the car, still crying as she made her way into the house.

Seokjin sighed, not knowing how to calm her down.

That day, it rained for the whole day. He made dinner for her, but she only had a little of her meal, before excusing herself and walked back to her room. That only upset him more.

He put on his warm long robe and walked upstairs, determined to be by her side after making that last promise to his grandma.

'I promised that I will take care of her, grandma. No matter what happens, I will make sure that she's okay.'

He didn't need to look for her in her room or her art studio, because she was always on the rooftop, in search of the moon, under the shelter.

"You know it's raining and it's cold so for sure there's no moon, and yet you're still here."

Junghye looked up as he placed his robe over her shoulders, adding warmth to her cold body.

"Leave me alone," she sniffed, holding tight onto the robe as she stared out at the rainy sky.

"No. You're my responsibility," he claimed, taking the empty spot beside her on the long couch under the shelter.

"It's just on paper," she mumbled, pulling up her legs closer to her as she hugged it tightly.

"I signed it on real marriage documents, didn't I? So it's real and I do have the responsibility for you."

Both of them looked at each other right in the eyes, before Seokjin smiled and opened up his arms to her.

"Come here," he softly called out. Junghye quickly scooted closer to him and finally found herself enveloped in his arms.

"Let it all out," he whispered, caressing her hair softly as she began to calm down from her sobs.

The rain was still pouring, making its hammering sounds against the shelter's roof.

Both of them were staring out at the sky, and Junghye suddenly spoke.

"Jin," she softly murmured, getting his full attention on her. "If... If you ever woke up... in the next morning... only to find out that I'm gone, how would you feel?"

That question left him speechless. His brows knitted as he shook his head, and then he let out a stifled laugh.

Junghye let out a gasp and immediately hit his shoulder hard, disbelief could be seen on her face.

"Hey, hey! I mean... you mean if you're going out in the early morning while I'm sleeping? Oh well, I feel normal, I guess?" he answered, even letting out another giggle.