61

A month passed by and everything had gone normal. Junghye working with Jin was the best opportunity she ever took, and it just added more love to their relationship.

But she knew that storms were ready to hit them anytime soon, so she had always prepared herself for any possibilities.

Knock knock.

"Come in," Junghye called out, eyes on the files she had on her table as one of her staff stepped into her office, with a folder in her hands.

"Mrs. Im, I need your signature on this. The radiology department needs new equipment," the staff stated, opening the folder and showing it to Junghye.

She took the file and read through the pages, before placing the folder down and signing the papers, then handing it back to her staff.

"There you go. Oh, can you please take this as well to Doctor Kim? For final approval," Junghye requested, piling a few folders then passing it to the staff.

"Yes, Mrs. Im," the staff obliged, taking the folders.

"Thank you," Junghye said, then as the staff left her room, her telephone rang, and almost immediately she picked it up. "Hello?"

"How's Mrs. Im today?"

She chuckled, then leaned back to her chair. "Great. So far so good. Any reason on why are you calling me?"

"May I know if you have any lunch date today?"

"Yes, I do. I will be going out with my husband. Sorry."

"Ooh, is he handsome?"

"He's worldwide handsome. Only him."

There was a moment of silence at the end of the line, and she knew that she got him when he let out a long sigh.

"Jeez..."

"Why? Is my Mr. Worldwide Handsome got flustered?" she laughed.

"Well, I have the most beautiful woman in this world who keeps calling me 'worldwide handsome' almost every day. I feel so strong after hearing it."

"Yeah, right. For our lunch today, I know a restaurant. One big great restaurant," Junghye said, turning around in her chair.

"Is it the one owned by the nation's MasterChef?"

"My favorite, as usual."

"Alright. In... twenty minutes?"

"After you are done with approving all the documents I gave you."

"Documents?"

Not long after that, Junghye could hear the sound of the door knocking in the phone and footsteps.

"Oh. Thank you. Wow, that's a pile."

"Did that on purpose. I give you twenty minutes to sign them all. While waiting, I will get ready for the lunch date."

"You know that you shouldn't have all these pending."

"I know. But look at the dates on all of those docs," Junghye explained while grabbing her handbag behind her. "They came to me today, honey. Lots of things to do after 'severe damage'."

"Ah... I see. Alright, I will finish this quickly, then we go out."

"Perfect."

*****

"Thank you for coming. Please come again next time! We'll be waiting!" the cashier girl said, bowing her head.

"Thank you. We will, for sure," Jin smiled, bowing his head back to the employee before both of them turned around and began to walk towards the exit of the restaurant when suddenly a kid bumped onto Junghye.

"Omo!" the kid grimaced, landing right on her butt onto the marble tiles.

"Hey, little girl. What's your name?" Junghye asked as she held out her hand to the poor kid, helping her to get back to her feet.

The girl straightened her blue dress and brightly smiled at Junghye as she introduced herself; "Yeon Hwa. Kim Yeon Hwa."

"Why are you running-"

"There she is!" a waitress called out, rushing to Junghye and instantly bowed her head to Junghye. "Sorry if she had caused trouble to you."

"Nah, she's not. She's cute," Junghye smiled, patting the girl's head softly, and asked; "How old are you, girl?"

"Eight!" she cheerfully answered.

"Wow, and look at you! So beautiful like a princess."

"Thank you!" the girl giggled, sparking a special warmth in Junghye.

A small spark of loving warmth that had always been in her for quite some time now.

The waitress then interrupted her quick thoughts. "Now, now, Yeon Hwa. Your dad is coming soon, so you should go up and pack your homework."

***Weeks later***

"Huh... It should be today," Junghye huffed, tapping her pencil against her desk calendar.

"What should be today?" one of her staff, that was one of her friends, asked her as she turned to the worried woman.

Junghye sighed, and looked up at her friend; "My period."

"Well, if it concerns you, why don't you go downstairs and have a quick checkup?"

"I think it's just common. Anyone can have irregular period cycles... right?"

"Yeah... right..." her friend said. "If I were you, I would've had myself checked."

"I'm pretty sure it's nothing. Ugh..." Junghye grunted, then she stood up, grabbing her purse from her handbag. "I'm hungry. I'm going to get something from the cafeteria."

***

Soojung walked closer to Junghye, feeling worried when she watched her friend, silently staring at the drink cooler for a while now.

"Junghye, did you find what you want?" Soojung finally asked, grabbing Junghye's arm carefully. "What's wrong? Are you okay, Junghye?"

"Yeah, it's just..." Junghye stopped and stared at the banana milk in her hand. "I'm feeling unwell these days. This has never happened before. I was fine until I worked here. The work stress must have gotten into me."

"Then you should check yourself. You're in your hospital, so duh..."

But Junghye only shook her head at the suggestion. "I don't need to. I think I'll be fine in a few days. It's just fatigue."

*********************************************************************************

I just can't let go of my 'Her' yet, so I made Kim Yeon Hwa's cameo appearance there aha and don't ask me about the timeline collision between the books. Let's just assume it's a multiverse madness (like Marvel's movies sksksksksksks)

Also, if none of you know Kim Yeon Hwa, you can check out my other BTS fanfic, titled 'Her' and it's RM's fanfic.

And again, this is another filler. Hah... We'll meet the storm next, okay?

Until next time,

Borahae, Nana <3

p.s. you guys are lucky that I uploaded another chapter ^^