39

One month had passed after the surgery.

Junghye walked up to the door with a lunch box in her arms. She knocked on the door, and with a smile, she peeked her head in.

"Grandma," she chuckled, stepping inside the private room and walking towards the elder.

"Oh, Junghye. Haha, you don't have to do everything for me. I got my friend here," grandma laughed, looking over to Mrs. Choi, who was standing beside her.

"No, I must do everything for you," Junghye smirked, handing the lunchbox over to Mrs. Choi and she helped to unpack it on the other table.

Junghye then walked over to grandma and sat on the bed beside her.

"How are you these days?" grandma asked.

"I'm fine, like always."

"With Seokjin?"

"Yeah. Yeah, we're good," she mumbled. Mrs. Choi then passed the lunchbox to her. "Grandma, I made this for you."

"I wish everything changed."

Junghye stared at the eggrolls she made and picked one up, feeding it to the elder as she began.

"You see, grandma... Sometimes, it is better if we just leave it like that," she smiled, picking another eggroll up. "Not everything that we wanted would ever come true. It's okay if this marriage never happened and you still getting the surgery-"

"I want him to see the good in you."

"But we always fight. Almost every day, even if it's just small things."

Junghye put down the lunchbox on her lap and stared at it, regrets began to fill her.

"Really, grandma. I wish I hadn't gone the wrong way in the past, and I never expected that everything I did would affect him that much."

"You were his best friend. He had no one to go to. In this world, the only one that knows him much better than any other else is you. Believe me and listen to me."

Grandma placed her hand on top of her, and Junghye then met her eyes as she smiled: "He still needs you."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Everyone turned to the door, and it opened.

"Oh, Seokjin?" grandma called out as he appeared into the room.

"Grandma. How are you today?" he asked, walking towards the bed.

Grandma smiled and looked over to Junghye, who still stared down at her hands. "Great. With all the care from Junghye, I'm feeling better."

"Good," he nodded, then he turned to his wife. "Junghye, can we talk?"

She looked up at him and looked back to grandma as she stood up and passed the lunchbox to Mrs. Choi.

"I'll be right back," she whispered before Seokjin led the way to the outside of the room.

"What is it?" she immediately asked.

"So, it's on? The... divorce?" he said, looking straight at her.

"Yeah... of course. But... don't you think it's better to wait until grandma recovers?"

"I thought you wanted it to be a secret divorce."

"Just... not now, please," Junghye sighed, running her fingers through her long hair. "I promise, I'll take care of everything. I don't want to think of anything else, not even the... you know..."

"Okay." And just with that, she entered the room back without any more words.

Seokjin let out a heavy sigh before his phone rang.