35

"It's her... Im Junghye... Y-Yo-Your wife..."

His grip on Byeongin's shirt loosened, but then he shook his head and pushed the guy back against the wall.

"No... She wouldn't do that... You're lying!" Seokjin fumed, hoping that it was a lie.

"N-No, it's true! A few months ago, she came to me and... seduced me..."

"And what? She offered to spend a night with you?!"

"Yes... And not just one night..."

Seokjin let him go, taking steps away from him. His breath staggered upon hearing that from him.

"I-I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Seokjin let out a sigh, his trembling hands went over his face, feeling so disappointed.

"Did... Did she tell you why she needed the money?" he asked, hoping for an answer.

"Never. She... never told me..."

And with that, Seokjin turned and left the emergency exit, and rushed back to his office.

Meanwhile, Byeongin took out his phone and called someone. He leaned against the wall, gasping as he waited for the call to be picked up.

"I did what you told me to do. He really came for me."

*

Junghye ran out of the doctor's office as her phone vibrated non-stop for an incoming call.

"What-"

"Where are you now?" Seokjin abruptly asked.

"I'm with grandma, in the hospital."

"I need to talk to you."

"But grandma needs me to-"

"GET TO MY OFFICE, NOW!"

She flinched, stared at her phone and all she could hear were beeping sounds.

"Did he just... scream at me?!" she scoffed, completely annoyed with him. She turned around and was surprised to see Madam Cheon was standing there, a few feet away from her.

"Grandma, I'm sorry but I have to go. Seokjin wanted to see me," Junghye said, feeling concerned.

"It's okay, I can do this alone. After all, it's just a quick meeting with my neurosurgeon."

"If you're done, give me a call, okay?"

As Madam Cheon nodded, Junghye immediately reached the elevator and pressed the button.

Why did he sound... so mad?

***

Junghye arrived at the office floor. Even though the last time she went there was when grandma made a surprise visit, she still remembered where Jin's office was.

She walked past a few employees, bowing to them as they had recognized her as 'Doctor Kim Seokjin's wife' when suddenly she bumped into a guy, who looked panicked at the sight of her.

"Sorry," she whispered, but that guy shook his head like mad.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'M SO SORRY!" the guy shrieked before he left her speechless, and rushed into a room, and slammed the door behind him.

Junghye was flabbergasted, but she continued to walk towards Seokjin's office anyway. She knocked on the door and waited.

As she was about to knock again, the door opened. "Seokjin- Hey!"