27

Seokjin gulped down the last beer he had and stacked the last can on top of other cans.

He had stopped by the Jamsil park alongside the Han river, drinking his sorrow away as he kept on remembering Minju's reaction when he told her.

~~~~~

"Minju, listen to me-"

"What's there to listen to?! You've agreed to marry her anyway!" Minju sobbed, burying her face into her hands, crying non-stop when Seokjin told her about the marriage.

Then she lost her cool and began to rant around, not giving him a chance to explain more.

"Why?! Is it because you're so frustrated and disappointed with me because you had enough of me not getting pregnant as you've planned-"

"NO, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! Minju, calm down!" Seokjin said, grabbing her arms, tears began to leave his eyes too, as he couldn't bear to see her broken like this.

"We can try again, tonight!"

"Calm down!" he snapped, and pulled her into his hug, hoping for her to relax.

They stayed like that for a while, and when he heard her sobs subsided, he began to speak.

"I had to do this. Time is ticking, so is grandma's life. I know that sometimes I go against her, but for this matter?"

"So... you're saying that she's more important than ME?" she sniffed, as she looked up at him with her teary eyes.

"No, no! It's not like that, baby. I love you with all my heart," he whimpered, placing kisses on her forehead before he continued. "Both me and Junghye had a plan. After grandma had the surgery, we will get divorced without her knowing it. We're just doing it to fulfill what grandma wants. We never wanted this, but if we're not doing this, she would never have the surgery."

Minju tightened her arms around his body, holding him closer as she felt his warmth soothing her.

"But then... throughout those marriage days, you guys will always be together," she mumbled, leaning against his shoulder as she breathed in his scent.

"Even so, we all know who belongs to who. She's with Kim Jiwook..." Seokjin paused, looking at her as he smiled and kissed her head as he continued, "and I will be with you."

"Can't you guys just... go out with your loved ones in secret while the marriage goes on?"

"You're right. Why would I never think of that? Baby, you're so smart. This is why I love you so much," he chuckled, leaning down to her for a kiss.

"But I'm still sad, knowing that she will be your first wife," Minju whispered against his lips, going for another kiss as he added:

"But still you're the first girl who has ever been my first girlfriend."

"Aw..." she giggled, throwing herself onto him for another hug.

Why can't I just call her my 'first love'?

~~~~~

"First love..."

He let his words faded away in the air, along with the cold breeze. He watched the cans that he stacked on top of the concrete ground began to tumble everywhere when suddenly his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Oh. You don't... sound great?" Junghye asked through the phone.

"Urgh... What is it that you want?" Seokjin asked as he began to put all the empty cans back into a plastic bag.