44

She dipped the paintbrush into the bright yellow acrylic paint, before transferring them onto the corner area of her canvas. Lightly tapping them on the canvas, she hummed along when she heard knocks on her door.

"Oh, come in."

Seokjin peeked his head in and when Junghye chuckled at the sight of him, he smiled and stepped into the naturally-lit room with a mug of black tea.

He reached to her side and placed down the mug on her nearest work table and stood behind her as she resumed her work while sitting on her wooden stool.

"What are you painting?" he asked, staring at her canvas.

"My feelings," she bluntly answered.

The sound of brush tapping against the canvas began to come clear, and he knew that she was holding in something.

"What happened?" he hesitantly asked. "I don't know if... I should ask you, but... What happened last night? Did Jiwook do anything to you?"

Junghye sighed as she placed down her brush and stared at her almost finished work.

"We broke up," she simply answered, before picking up a different brush and dipped it into another color as she began to explain further.

"His ex is pregnant with his child. We did it in a good way though. I met his ex, and sat around a table, talking."

"How did you end up at the playground?"

"I told him to drop me there. And said our last goodbyes as lovers. I thought I could make it home by walking, but the rain came down fast. So, I ran back to the playground and hid in the house playset. But the rain was getting heavier, so I got into the tube. My phone had decided to die as well, so..."

"So... now, you're okay?"

"Yeah... I guess..."

Junghye put down her brush, taking a good look at her finished painting, and let out a soft sigh.

Did I love him right? Or did I ever love him at all? What is going on? Have I been lying to him about my true feelings? Or have I been lying to myself? But he knows...

What my heart had always wanted. Kim Jiwook knew it from the very start.

Junghye silently stared at her gloomy painting, and even Seokjin who was standing behind her could feel her sadness.

"Jin..."

He knew. He knew that she would call him out and need him right now, so he quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"Let it all out," he whispered, placing his hand behind her head and slowly patting her.

She leaned her head against his shoulder as tears began to leave her eyes, and both of them turned at her painting.

He might not have that much knowledge in arts, but all Jin could feel from the painting was total sadness. A totally different vibe from all her other works in that studio due to the colors that she had used.

But Junghye?

There were a few blots of bright colors by the corner of her canvas, and seeing that, she smiled through her tears.

My hidden feelings. I think... I got my answer.

There was a full-length mirror stuck onto the wall just right behind the canvas and she couldn't take her eyes off of Seokjin's reflection in it, fully immersed in her painting as he still had his arms around her.

And a small smile crept up her lips.

Finally... I won't deny my feelings anymore.

"You're still not going to forgive me, right?"