David Bowie - #3

Request for; YourLocalSocialist

David Robert Jones

Imagine the reader being insecure while David is on tour

"You need to calm down Y/N, he's performing right now, what could he possibly be doing?" Anita, your friend asked. She was sitting on your couch, sipping her red wine.

"Maybe I should call him?" You asked,  Anita quickly shook her head.

You'd been pacing back and forth for almost two hours after realizing that your handsome, famous boyfriend was going to be away for six months.

Girls were throwing themselves at him everywhere he went, it was no lie; David was extremely attractive. Sometimes you wondered how exactly the two of you ended up together.

After all, you were just a small-town girl, lucky enough to have been picked by the world's biggest star.

The angry fangirls had of course had their share of opinions, yet David had always helped you brush off their horrific insults.

"Honey listen to me; David loves you, I'm pretty sure he's just as angry as you are that you're not on tour with him" Anita spoke.

You'd, for some stupid reason been denied access to come on tour with David. He'd been arguing back and forth with his tour manager, yet he always got a no.

The two of you had agreed to call every night and talk for as long as possible, but last night, David didn't call.

You were worried, your lack of trust in David disgusted you, yet you couldn't seem to shake off the thought that he was out there, finding someone better, prettier, and smarter than you.

"Oh but what if he doesn't love me anymore?" You asked impulsively, not realizing how stupid you sounded.

"Are you kidding me? Have you not seen the way David looks at you? You're the only reason he's breathing right now Y/N, he loves you so much, he tells me and Keith all the time!" Anita said, trying to convince you, and you wanted to listen but, you just couldn't.

"I'm gonna call him" you stated, running into the kitchen where your phone hung.

"You're gonna regret it Y/N!" Anita yelled from the living room, you blocked out her warning and called.

"Hello?" A female voice answered, why was a woman picking up David's call?

"Hello, who is this?" The woman asked, her voice sounded young and sweet. Like yours.
Oh, how David loved your beautiful voice.

"This is Y/N, where's David?" Your voice was tough and stern, the woman chuckled deeply into the phone.

"He's in the shower right now, can I leave a message?" She asked, she made you feel small. Usually, you were strong, mentally, yet it felt like your world had crumbled to tiny pieces.

"Tell him to go fuck himself" You spat impulsively, hanging up the phone. You took a deep breath before returning to the living room.

Anita quickly noticed your dull facial expression and rushed up from the couch, embracing you in a hug.

Her arms wrapped themselves around you, you allowed yourself to let out the tears that you'd so bravely been holding in.

"Shh darling, it's alright" Anita whispered patting your back.

After about 10 minutes of telling Anita about the phone exchange, you'd had just moments ago, the phone suddenly rang.

Anita and you exchanged looks before you rushed to the phone. You were expecting to meet the woman's voice once more, but this was not her. It was David.

"I should go fuck myself huh?" David asked, you could almost hear his smile through the phone.

"W-who are you with?" You asked, your voice was skeptical and shaky.

"What do you mean, Y/N?" David asked, you swooned at the sound of him saying your name.

"Are you cheating on me?"

David's breath hitched, almost as if he stopped breathing.

"What?" David asked, his voice turned from playful to extremely serious.

"Are you cheating on me?" You asked once more, yet this time you were louder and more confident.

"Who the hell do you think I am? No, of course I'm not cheating on you!" David spat, his voice was like a sharp object cutting into your ear. It reminded you of getting scolded as a child.

"Who the hell was that picking up the phone when you were in the shower then?" You asked, thinking you were an absolute genius, you were certain that he was going to confess.

"That was my publicist Y/N, why don't you trust me?" David asked frustrated, you felt a sense of relief taking over your body.

"I-I do-"

"No Y/N you don't! We're a couple, why can't you just see that I love you? I love you!" David said loudly. Your heart exploded at his words.

"I love you David, and I'm sorry for doubting you. I feel really stupid now" you said and rubbed your forehead.

"I-it's fine, just trust me on this, I love you, only you," David said, you smiled at his comment.

"I love you too David, I'll call you tomorrow" You said and hung up.

You walked into the living room where Anita sat and looked at you with a big smile.

"I told you so" she said and laughed.