Dave Grohl - Nirvana #2

David Eric Grohl

Imagine Dave mourning over the death of Kurt

________________________________

Dave was sitting on the roof of our house, he was shivering.
You could see his shoulders lift from his sobs every now and then.

"Dave?"

His body stiffened up at the sound of your voice, but he didn't bother to answer you.
"Can I sit with you?" You asked from the window.
"Please?" You begged, all you wanted was to be there for Dave.
The sun was going down, it was beautiful.
It could almost drag you away from the ugly truth which had now become the sad reality of your everyday life for over two weeks now.
You didn't want it to be real, almost as if you wanted to go back in time and change everything, but you couldn't, you knew that.
Dave nodded slowly and hummed an indistinct "yes"
Carefully, you made your way to the edge of the roof, Dave's legs were hanging from the roof, you sat yourself next to him and propped yourself in the same position.
"It's not real" Dave whimpered, his cries were silent and his sobs were muted by him putting his hand over his mouth.
"I'm so sorry, Dave" you mourned, though the pain you felt in your heart was unbearable you couldn't imagine what Dave was going through, the two of them had known each other for over four years, and suddenly; it was all gone.
"Why did he do this to me!" Dave screamed, a couple of dogs began barking and Dave collapsed in your arms.
His usual tall and strong figure now felt fragile and small.
Tears streamed down your face, seeing Dave like this was the hardest thing you ever had to go through.
"He left me, he left us" Dave weeped, grabbing your hand and squeezing it tightly.
"He'll always be here" You said as you held your tiny palm to Dave's heart.
He laughed sadly, yet he put his hand on top of yours.
"It's not the same" Dave exhaled.
"I wanna punch him in the face for leaving nirvana, for leaving little Frances, for leaving this world, he could've done so much more if he only had time" Dave spoke out loudly, he ran his hand over his red, hot face in order to calm himself down.
"Time" you sighed.
"We all need more time, but Kurt was sick, Dave" you stated loudly, your voice was shaking and your lower lip was trembling. You grabbed Dave's head forcing him to look at you.

"It wasn't your fault Dave, I know that you feel like you could've done more but t-"

"But what Y/N? If I had payed attention to him instead of focusing on my goddamn drums this wouldn't have happened in the first place!" Dave shouted out, his emotions were flushing out, Dave stood up and stood in the middle of the roof.
"That's not true!" You yelled out, breaking down on the inside, realising that no matter what you said or did, it wouldn't change Dave's point of view, though you felt fragile as a flower inside, you knew that you had to stay strong for Dave.

"We need to celebrate Kurt's life, not Kurt's death. You know, Kurt would've smacked you across the face if he knew you thought it was your fault, right?"

You stood up facing Dave, he looked down, not wanting to face you.
"You don't need to move on and stop grieving, it can take months or years before you feel half normal again, but you need to know that I will never leave your side, never" you said walking up to Dave, his tall figure hovered over you, tears were still streaming down his cheeks, but the frown placed upon his lips was now replaced with a small smile.
"I need you, please don't leave me, ever" Dave mumbled as if he was doubting himself, he leaned down to meet your lips, you wrapped your arms around his neck and whispered softly in his ear;
"never"