Cliff Burton - Metallica #1

Clifford Lee Burton

Imagine you're insecure about your height

Ps; couldn't relate to this at all since I'm 5'4 but I tried my best!

I looked at myself once again in the mirror, and frowned at my reflection.

I'd been debating for almost an hour if I should wear heels to the after party of the boys' album release.
Though Cliff was a tall guy, I beat him by 3,5 inches which to some people might seem like a fair height difference; but not to me.

I'd always felt like an outsider, even when I was growing up.

By the time I was in fifth grade I was already 5'6, I could never find the right set of clothes. Everything was either too small or too short, plus; the bullying growing up had made me so insecure that I nearly couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Though, it calmed me to know that Cliff hadn't even noticed my height until I told him about my insecurities.
He never brought anything up, simply because he didn't give a shit. I bet that he wouldn't care if I looked like a witch, or weighed 500 pounds, he was just like that; kind and non- judgemental. He'd always been like that.

I mumbled profanities under my breath and threw my heels on my bed and sat down on the floor with my back leaning against the bed.

I was scared people were gonna laugh when we took pictures together, or if the boys were gonna tease me.

The first time I met the boys was at a party.
They were all shitfaced, and I was nervous as hell.

I remember so clearly that a very drunk James came waddling up to me and straight up said;
"Boy, you found yourself a goddamn mountain!" And walked away.

My feeling were so hurt after that incident, and though James had apologised like a mad man, I still couldn't forget what he had said.

"Babe, we seriously have to get ready!"

Cliff was downstairs, he'd been waiting patiently for almost half an hour now.

I dug my head in my hands.

I just wanted everything to be perfect, I'd gotten the most beautiful dress imaginable, and yet, my height had to ruin everything.
I sighed deeply, though I wasn't one to cry a lot, I wanted to give in as I realised how much my height really had affected my life.

"Babe! Jesus we need to l-"
Cliff stopped his sentence as he walked into our bedroom and saw me sitting on the floor, sobbing lightly.

"What's wrong baby? Tell me, tell me" he pleaded sitting down besides me on the floor.

"Are you sure that you're not ashamed of my height?" I asked, my voice was low and sad.

Cliff grimaced his face in confusion and looked at me closely.

"What?" He asked, he looked up at the bed and saw the pair of heels, suddenly hen understood.

"Oh babe" he sighed empathetically and hugged me tightly.
I sobbed in his shoulder, he calmly rubbed my back.

"I'm not ashamed of you baby, I could never be"

Though Cliff's image was all about metal, he was one of the kindest, softest people in the world.

"are you sure?" I sobbed, I looked up at him with big eyes.

"I'm sure baby" he smiled and kissed me.
"Besides, I think it's sexy, I wouldn't trade it for the world" he smirked, I laughed at him and rolled my eyes at him as I playfully hit his shoulder.

Cliff stood up and walked to my closet.

"put these on instead, they'll look better anyway" he laughed and grabbed a pair of black converse.

"Since when have you become a stylist?" I asked laughing as he tossed me the pair of converse.

"Since dating you for three years" he laughed and kissed me on the lips before walking outside.

"We're leaving in two minutes!" He yelled from downstairs.