Stealth is my Middle Name

Keith crawled through the window onto his bed wincing when it made a light creek. He stayed still listening for movement and sighed in relief when he found it was silent. He slipped off the bed kicking something to the floor. His eyes widened when he saw the small plush hippo he had left behind that night. He lifted it up gently staring into its glass eyes as upsetting memories that the hippo was used to comfort filled his head.

"Did ya miss your teddy bear?" Lance's voice surprised him as he quickly placed the stuffed animal down.

"She's a hippo." Keith crossed his arms. "Where's Matt?"

   The two looked out the window to see the man struggling to pull himself up the wide tree branches. It was obvious he wasn't much of a climber. He made it up moving very slowly and carefully to the end of the branch.

"You good?" The tan male outstretched an arm to help him through.

"Yeah." He took his hand with a chuckle. "Just outta practice."

"Shh. This is suppose to be a stealth mission." Keith reminded.

"tHis iS SupPoseD tO BE a sTeALth MIsSioN." Lance mocked is a whisper.

"Really. Right now?" The red paladin turned around quickly.

"Sorry, sorry. Force of habit. Is anyone out there?"

   Keith slowly pulled the door into the room moving his head out to the hallway for a quick look. He stepped out quickly rushing to the corner to check the second hall. But there was no one there. He raised a brow looking back at the other two who were peaking out of the room. He signaled his arm for them to start moving. Unlike Keith the two simply walked over standing in the hall to see that there was indeed no one in sight.

"Where is everyone?" Lance raised a brow. "Is it lunch time?"

"Dont be ridiculous." Keith hissed.

"I dont like this guys." Matt spoke up. "I looked into the window below that room we were just in and I didn't see anyone in the halls there either."

"Could be a trap." Lance brought up.

"Theres no way they would have known we were coming." The Galran boy shook his head.

"Then maybe we're just missing them?" The cuban continued.

"Somethings definitely up." Matt worried.

***********°•❤•°**********

   Back at the old mansion Allura walked through an empty corridor. Along its walls were large framed photographs of many different people. She paused at one with a large bearded man holding a small silver haired baby. She reached out a hand placing it over the dusted frame.

"Father." She whispered. "I'm trying so hard to keep our business going. But the Galra have become more persistent. I'm worried about their plans." She stared into the eyes of the man in photo almost wishing he could respond.

"You're doing a wonderful job keeping this family together." A voice startled her.

   She turned around quickly to see Lotor standing behind her. He made no moves as he stood still awaiting for her to lash out.

"I see you've broken free again." She sighed.

"Not quite." Lotor smiled softly. "It seems as though you never locked me in."

"Perhaps I just forgot." The mocha woman looked away.

"Perhaps." The male nodded looking up at the large portrait. "Hm. Your father was a very strong leader."

"Yes he was." She glanced up to see the man had moved closer and was now right behind her staring at the photograph as well. She could feel the warmth of his body against her back and was taken away by his heartbroken expression.

   Lotor's violet eyes moved down meeting the soft oceanic gaze of the princess below him. She did not move aside or push him away which brought him comfort.

"I apologize. For the suffering my family has brought you. I wish things could go back to the way they were when our fathers were friends." He sighed.

   Allura could feel a sense of frustration demanding that she yell at the man by her side. He was one of the many reasons her people have been suffering in the first place. However she stayed calm when she realized perhaps having Lotor on their side could bring peace to the family feud.

"I think it could be like that again." She turned to face him. "With your help."

"It couldn't be that you are beginning to trust me?" He let a coy smirk cross his lips.

"I wouldn't go that far." The princess admitted. "But I would like to."

"May I ask why you came down here?" The male suddenly changed the subject. "I know I'm a little out of line here but you seemed concerned. What has happened?"

   Allura thought over whether she could tell him about the mission the three had gone on. It was too soon to give him that sort of information but maybe he could help.

"Zarkon has a few of our people. Lance, Keith and Matt have gone back to Zarkon's mansion to search for info. I'm worried about them." She finally told him.

   Lotor's eyes flashed briefly when he heard the plan. He hid his thoughts and worries focusing on reassuring the woman before him.

"My father is quite cocky in his defences. There aren't many people in the house and with Keith leading them I'm sure they will find the information they need and return safely."

   Allura raised a hand to her breast as a long sigh escaped her lips. She wasn't sure why but Lotor's words felt as if they had lifted a large bolder from her shoulders.

"Thank you." She looked up to him with genuine gratitude. "I should be going though. Try to stick close to your room until the Paladins can trust you."

"Of course." Lotor nodded as he watched her off.

**********°•🧡•°**********

   Lance, Keith and Matt had finally snuck into Zarkon's office. A large computer sat at the corner of the wide dark desk. Matt did not hesitate to rush over and begin hacking in. Not knowing anything about computers, Lance and Keith stood by the door to keep watch.

"Dont you think this is kind of a missed opportunity." The tanned male brought up.

"Missed opportunity to do what?" Keith raised a brow.

"Y'know. Scope out the place." He went on.

"Hm." The raven haired boy brought his hand up to his chin thoughtfully. "Zarkon never let me wonder, and with security at its lowest this could be a good chance." He agreed.

"So should we go do some snooping?"

"Is it okay to leave Matt here?" He looked back at the male typing furiously at the keyboard.

   Lance nodded his head to the side. "Matt we're gonna go make sure that there's still no one around. Lock the door and don't answer it unless you hear five knocks."

"Five knocks?" Matt looked up.

"Yeah, y'know. For five lions." The tall male smirked.

"Ah.... Alright, just dont go too far."