Another Detour

It had once again been a long drive but they finally reached sunny California. On the way however Lance admitted they weren't going straight back to the house and that they were stopping somewhere first. Keith was nervous and excited all at the same time. Lance didn't explain where they were going and also wasn't giving off any hints. They drove past the busy city streets out to a Rocky lightly forested area. He parked in a dirt lot and looked over to Keith.

"You ready to take a little stroll?" he asked.

"This depends." The other males black brow lifted. "Did you take me out here to kill me?"

"Of course I did, why else would I have dragged you into the middle of nowhere." Lance joked.

"Good point." Keith nodded smiling kindly.

   They got out of the car and began to walk on the sunlit trail. The stone path was speckled with leaves and light that shown through the leafy trees towering over them. Lance looked down at the young man who watched the sparkly green tree tops above them in wonder. He gave a light smile and reached out to hold Keith's hand. The shorter male turned around quickly looking up at the blue eyed male.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm holding your hand?" Lance raised a brow.

   Keith looked down at their hands and back up at Lance. "Why?"

"Because.... It's nice?"

"It is?"

"Do you not wanna hold my hand?" The Cubans eyes drooped like a puppy.

"I-I do!" Keith flushed. "Just... Don't know why."

"Cause it's niiiice." Lance re said.

   They kept walking through the dense trail. The walk lasted perhaps two hours and the two were lucky Lance had brought water with them. The trail began to dive down and Keith smelled something familiar.

"Lance is this?"

"It sure is." He answered with a bright grin.

   The gravel turned to sand and the forest opened up to a huge secluded beach. The water was perfectly blue, the sand untouched, and there was not a soul in sight.

   Lance's gaze shifted down at Keith once again thinking he would look confused and underwhelmed. However he was the exact opposite. His eyes sparkled at the gorgeous water and without hesitation he ripped off his clothes and raced to the shore in his red boxers. The Cuban's mouth dropped as he called out to him. "Keith! Your stitches!" He slowly followed behind him. 

   Keith ran into the ocean feeling the squishy sand through his toes and the cool water lapping his skin. He turned his head to Lance smiling widely. Lance's heart thumped heavily as he also took off his clothes running into the sea with him. When he got close to Keith he couldn't help but splash the dark haired male.

"Oh you did not." Keith raised a finger.

"Oh but I did." Lance's eyes narrowed.

Keith's eyes became serious and he didn't break eye contact. "It's on."

   He used both hands to splash up the salty water into Lance's face. They splashed back and forth each splash becoming more heavy as they walked deeper into the water. Lance slapped the water so hard the ripples knocked Keith over. As he fell into the deep waves Lance panicked, he rushed to his side yanking his head above the water. His previous laughter stopped when he felt Keith's fingers dig into his arms. He brought Keith up to see he wouldn't look up from the water.