Bonding

The boys were still in Denver, they had gotten some food but decided they needed a rest. They went to a nearby hotel and were just getting dressed into a new set of clothes that Lance had bought at the mall nearby. It was a little difficult with the handcuffs, the boys were forced to hold hands and guess the sizes. They decided it was best they dress as civilians instead of suited up Mafia boys. They stood back to back, Lance slipping on a pair of blue jeans while Keith finished his clothes with a black V-neck. He turned around thinking the other would be done only to see the slender toned shoulders of the Cuban boy shimmering in the setting suns rays. The handsome male buttoned his jeans and turned his head feeling the eyes on his back.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think you were checking me out." Lance joked.

"Keep dreaming!" Keith blushed turning around. 

"Hey you don't gotta be embarrassed, all the pretty girls fall for me." The tan male winked.

"Shut up!"

"Hey most people say thank you when they are called pretty." 

"I'm a guy!" Keith pointed to his chest.

"Not from behind." Lance smirked pulling a blue long sleeve over himself.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It's the mullet princess." 

"Says the guy who's shirt has a useless hood." The dark haired boy rolled his eyes.

"And that ass.... It's a light SWEATER." Lance corrected. 

"Yeah whatever." Keith paused looking at the other male swiftly. "Did you just say my ass?!" 

"Hm? Oh there's the remote let's watch some T.V."

"Don't ignore me Altean brat!"

"Awe man!" Lance grinned widely. "Shark week!"

"You are such a child."

"Um, excuse me sir. How old are you?" The Cuban glared.

"19." Keith crossed his arms.

"Oh snap, I feel like a baby." The tan male looked at the T.V. "You're just so small I would have thought you were like 17 or at least my age."

"So you're 18?"

"Just turned! July 28th!"

"Well.... If I'm being honest, I wont be 19 till October..."

"That's like next month so it kinda counts." Lance shrugged. "Old man."

"Hey, you thought you were older than me so you would have been the old man."

"I'm Cuban, we age slower." Lance sung. "I'll be gorgeous forever, I even use moisturizing skin masks to exfoliate."

"Wow, that is so..."

"Gay? Yeah just say it I can take it."

"I was going to say extra." Keith glared. "I don't care what way you swing." 

"No?" Lance sat up. "I thought with an evil overlord father like Zarkon you wouldn't be to keen on the gay community."

 "I can't hate something I'm a part of." Keith whispered to himself.

"What?!"

"What??"

********************************************************************************

   Night time had fallen and the boys had gone to sleep in their hotel bed. They had to sleep in the same bed because of the cuffs, Lance didn't mind because the hotel was cheaper with a single but Keith had a hard time falling asleep so close to anther person. He had always slept alone, the only reason he was able to sleep in the car was because he was completely wiped out. But now he felt uncomfortable and restless next to the other male. His heart was pounding and he felt semi anxious. Lance opened his blue eyes looking into Keith's dark shivering hair.

"You cold?" He asked.

   Keith lifted his face to look at the Cuban. "Uh, no, sorry."

"Sorry? You never apologize unless I catch you off guard, whats the matter?"

"Nothing." Keith straightened up.

"C'mon, you can tell me, we're inseparable."

"It's really nothing, just having a hard time sleeping."

"Yeah I get it." Lance smiled. "You're more use to a big king sized bed all to yourself huh?"

"King size no, by myself yes." The Galran admitted.

"You know when I was little, my cousins would visit every Sunday. Me, my brothers, sisters all my cousins and I would try to squeeze into one tiny bed, not because we had to! But because we wanted to. Except for Maria, Maria fell onto the floor every-time." He joked. "But one Sunday, my family went to a summer camp for a few weeks, I wasn't old enough and I stayed at home. I slept in that bed with all the pillows in the house and pretended it was another Sunday. But when I woke up, there was no one there I decided to sleep alone. My mama told me that sometimes it's hard to be alone, but it can make you stronger, but in the end, your loved ones need you as much as you need them. That they will have your back if you have theirs."

"I don't think I understand." 

"I mean, it's okay to be alone, but it's also just as good to let someone in."

   Keith smiled softly cocking a brow. "And I'm suppose to let you in?"

   The Cuban chuckled. "Only if you wanna." He winked.

"Yeah well I-" 

   Keith's response was interrupted when someone tried to use a key-card on their door and it failed. The two got out of the bed and slowly neared the door.

"Cleaning lady?" Keith whispered.

"I don't think so."

   Lance looked through the peep hole to see two men in dark suites with the purple Garla symbol on their pockets.

"Shit, it's your family." Lance whispered.

"We can go down the fire escape." Keith recommended.

"I thought you were suppose to be on their side?"

"Oh would you rather me open the door?"

"I hear him." One of the men said. "break down the door."

"Shit!" Lance yelled puling them to the window.

   They broke the latch just in time and the two escaped down the latter. Keith looked back up to see the men looking out the window and down at them. The two then raced to the car and struggled to start it up. When it finally did a black car came up on their tail. Lance hit the gas and the bug sped off onto the road, he turned down a back road but the newer car behind them was much faster. 

"Crap, I should have risked the laundry duty for a better car."

"You don't need a better car you need to learn to drive!" 

   Keith reached in between Lance's legs scaring the Cuban. "What the hell are you..."

"Shut up!" Keith pulled the lever sending the chair back then he leaped into the boys lap changing gears and stepping on the gas taking a sharp turn that almost flipped the bug. Lance held onto the handle with one hand and Keith's waist with the other so the cuffs wouldn't pull too hard. Keith turned down a narrow one-way, going the wrong way. But instead of being afraid Lance just held onto Keith trusting his instincts. The dark haired man turned the corner out of that lane and into a dark underpass with a tall brick wall. Lance looked at the gauge to see the needle reaching the H as the car began to over heat.

"Keith!"

"I know!" 

   Keith ran the car to a dark covered area where it began to fry out. He turned off the car and they sat in the dark silence.

"Did we lose them?" Lance asked.

"Just give it a minute."

   They waited watching out the window at the silent street for the car. They began to think they were safe when the headlights flashed on the brick walls. Keith shuffled off Lance's lap and pulled them out the side door. They scaled the wall helping the Cuban up to the top looking back at the black car in the ally. They had made it, but they could still get caught, so without hesitation the two jumped onto the other side of the wall.