Your Brother

In the house of the Galra the don sat in his thrown like chair tapping his fingers across his knuckles. Haggar stood at his side watching the man think over his options as their new toy sat in front of them. It was a man quite older than Lance, perhaps 13 years with lighter hair and lighter skin but still the same cocky slender face. However the same face was in rough shape. The male had a hard time keeping his head up as he waited for them to speak.

Finally Zarkon stood up and walked past the boy. "Put him in the cellar for now, I have no use for him."

"Sir, we can trade him for Lotor." Haggar pointed out.

He glared at his wife with a snarl. "You think I dont know that. I have much bigger plans than that." He spat.

She looked away from him giving a slight nod as a few suited men took the boy away. The beaten male had no streangth left to fight as he was carried away leaving Zarkon with a light smirk that quickly faded.

***************💜***************

On the road the large suburbans took different routes as to stay inconspicuous. In the SUV with Lance's family Keith had switched with Lance so he could drive while the cuban stayed on the passanger side staring out the window with a concerned face. Keith was not usually one to be able to read others emotions very well but he knew something was wrong. He glanced over at Lance for a brief second before focusing on the road.

"So." He began awkwardly. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Hm?" Lance looked over to him dreamily. "About what?"

"About your brother." Keith sighed.

"What about him? He's just fine, we just gotta wait for Nyma and Rolo to get him to the safe zone."

This was not what Lance believed, it was only what he wanted to hear. He felt that if he said it out loud enough it would come true but this wasnt the case. His gut told him in every possible way that something bad was going to happen or that it already had. He bit his lip looking back out the window.

"I know." Keith breathed. "I just thought you might be worried."

"I'm not worried cause theres nothing to be worried about!" Lance snapped. "Stop saying it like he's dead already!"

His words began chatter in the family that was still awake. Keith wanted to fight, yell back that he was worried but when he thought it over and put himself in his position he understood that what he said was just a mask to protect himself and his family.

"I'm sorry." The raven haired male whispered like a stricken puppy.

Lance felt his throat get caught as he fought back tears. He reached for Keiths free hand holding the pale males slender fingers.

"No I'm sorry." He choked. "I am scared." His grip tightened.

Keith's painful dark eyes looked at the Cubans for a moment as he tried to smile.

"We'll make everything right." He promised. "We're the paladins of Voltron after all."

Lance smiled letting a few tear drops fall over his sun kissed cheaks. He brought Keith's hand to his lip intertwining his fingers between the other males.

"You're pretty cool right now hot head." He chuckled.

"I guess you're wearing off on me." He responded.

**************💚**************

   In another location in a darkened basement sat two figures tied to a tall support beam. One opened their eyes looking around and groaning. It was a man with a long slender nose and handsome face. He tried to move feeling the ropes around him. He looked to the side to see the young woman asleep beside him. He tried to wake her by calling out her name.

"Nyma." He groaned. "Hey get up." He gave her a quick nudge.

Nyma slowly opened her eyes sighing as pain flooded through her body. She also looked around before groggily saying.

"Where are we Rolo?"

Rolo looked around the room searching for some light only to be disappointed.

"Your guess is as good as mine." He sighed.

She struggled to reach her arms into her pockets only to give up when she knew it wasn't possible.

"Hey, reach into my back pocket. Those moronic Galra left Beezer in there." She smirked.

He reached into her pocket searching around till he found the phone with cute little robotic cat ears.

"Got it. Whose our emergency contact?" He grinned.

"Matt."

**************💛***************

   Pidge played on her phone sifting through some music to hopefully keep the mood relaxed in the car. Shiro was at the wheel and she felt completely comfortable with that fact. Her attention was suddenly brought to her brother when his own phone began to sing a nerdy tune. He pulled it out and smiled.

"Its Nyma. Maybe it's good news." He showed the little text bubble.

He turned the phone back to himself looking over the text. His playful hazel eyes slowly turned to grief as he read the message. Pidge had been turned around watching his expression and became concerned.

"Whats up? Did they get lost?" She smirked.

"No." The male said bluntly. "They said they were taken somewhere and tied up. It was the Galra." He showed her the text.

"Oh no." Their father spoke. "But what about Lance's brother?"

"We gotta find them." Matt sat up. "I can trace the phone, we can find them, help them and find out where Marco is."

"No Matt." Shiro spoke up. "Its not my place to say but it could be a trap and we are going to this safe zone to keep you out of these situations. And if the Galra find your phone signal they'll know where we are."

"Pidge?" Matt puppy eyed his sisters.

"I-" She hesitated. "I agree with Shiro Matt." She avoided eye contact. "I'm more worried about your safety. We can tell Allura, she'll know what to do."

Matt wanted to fight his sister but he knew she was right. If it were the other way around he would want to bring his family to safety. It could he a trap but Nyma and Rolo were his friends. He sat back quietly looking out the window as he gave up on his plans. Pidge was upset about the situation but she wanted to keep them safe.