An Unsuspected Hero

((Ya'll hate me I know, BUT I wanted to wait for season 5 so I could see how each of them react with Lotor))

    Keith held back every urge to go to Shiro's side. He knew if he did the marauder would spot what they were doing and the artillery would destroy the manor as well as the Paladins. He bit his lip gripping the metal barrier of the car tightly. He watched in terror as his friends tried to return the attention on them but this didn't work. Keith could hear the mess of desperate voices through his headset. They pounded at him like a mochi hammer, his eyes raced over the scene scanning for any possible openings. Then in the dust he saw a blind spot, it was more than risky but he thought if he could get around it he could board the vehicle and stop Zarkon himself. Then without saying a word to his team he sprinted into the heavy clouds of dirt. He could hear Pidge yelling over his headset and when the others heard as well they tried to tell him to stop, but his mind was already made up. He dashed for the vehicle but as the smoke cleared a flash of sliver passed by him. He stopped in his tracks to see the tall slender body of Lotor mounting the the armed vehicle and ripping the chain of bullets from the gun. Just as that happened Pidge called "done" and the lights in the vehicle shut down. Keith hesitated ready to board the marauder himself but a hand grabbed his arm and the son of Zarkon pulled him back into the dust. Lance was then able to rush to Shiro and Hunks aid. Within the cockpit of the dark vehicle sounded a loud deep angry roar. They watched it carefully as it began to retreat. The Galran family had been defeated. 

   Lance and Allura met up with Keith, Pidge and Lotor. Allura opened her window and said. "Come on you three, lets get back."

   They crawled into the vehicle and they made haste back to the house. Once the cars were parked and Shiro was rushed to the medics the paladins met in the lounge looking down at the once again chained up Lotor.

"Not this again." The silverette sighed.

"Yes this again." Allura spoke up. "We are thankful for your aid, but we still have questions."

"Yeah, like how did you get out of that cell." Lance stepped up.

"Where did your team go?" Keith glared.

"And why did you help us?" Hunk concerned.

   Lotor raised a suspicious brow over his lightly tanned skin then sat back. "Well, My commanders ran off seeing me as a traitor and a fool when I said I wanted to help you. For breaking out, I'm very sorry but it's simply what my father trained us to be able to do. But I helped you because it's what I said I wanted to do in the first place." He sat up. "I know breaking out of prison was the last way to gain your trust, however when I heard the heavy artillery I knew its exact weaknesses and feared something may happen and it almost did. You almost lost Shiro with that sloppy plan." 

   Allura felt that comment but agreed that it was not the best, however being pressed for time they had not much of a choice.

"However." Lotor spoke up again. "Zarkon had been planning this for months, so to be able to fight it back with so little time for planning was quite brilliant. I will admit even I underestimated the Altea family."

"Is that suppose to be a compliment?" Allura pried.

"I would like you to take it as one yes. You are very strong, and more over a Nobel family. My father only wants to rule this city and be the only name behind each slimy alleyway deal. But I think our families could come together. Coexist." Lotor went on.

"I'm sorry." Allura broke eye contact. "We cannot just trust you on this one act. Keith and Shiro had to work hard to earn it but you will have to work harder. You are the legitimate son of Zarkon after all."

"I am not my father." Lotor frowned.

"Then prove it." Lance put in.

"I can provide information that Shiro and Keith cannot. I also know what his next move is."

   The group heard the door open and they looked over to see Shiro returning with a white bandages wrapped around his bared torso.

"Shiro!" Keith called rushing to his side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He smiled. "What's going on?"

"Lotor is trying to save his own skin." Lance crossed his arms.

"I am, but I am also trying to help you. As I said I have a lot of information to offer." Lotor reminded.

   Allura's eyes moved to Shiro as if looking for an answer in whether to believe him or not. Shiro looked down at Lotor his brows furrowed.

"It couldn't hurt to hear him out. If any of us three know Zarkon's next move it will be him." He agreed.

"Fine, we will listen to what you have to say. However you will still be locked away until we can fully trust you. We will give you a slightly better accommodation in comparison to the cells but if you lie or try to break out we will have to take drastic measures." The princess warned.

"I completely understand." Lotor agreed.

"Alright then. Lance and Hunk you take him to room 14. Shiro, it's time you got some rest." Allura advised.

"Princess, may I go with them?" Keith stepped in.

"You don't have to ask Keith, you can do what you'd like." She smiled.

"Ah, of course. Thanks."

   The Paladins then went their separate ways and a new begining started at the end.