The Battle

The Paladins suited up as Shiro and Allura helped hand out weapons to the gang members. Hunk finished up fast and ran to Allura's side.

"I'm good to go, I can help Shiro."

"Good once you're done we're gonna need the big guns Hunk. Grab the largest yellow lion and mow down what you can, the rest of us will follow behind you and when the path is clear we'll spread out and take down this idiotic family one by one."

"You got it Princess." Hunk switched places with her.

   Allura rushed to the other Paladins gearing up and explaining the plan.

"Alright here's whats going to happen. Hunk will make us a path to get through the wall of Galra. Keith and Lance take your vehicles to the left side of the building, Shiro and I will take the right. Pidge, you stay with Hunk at the front. We'll take out the smaller fleets on the sides then round back to the front and finish the job. Hunk has the strongest armored vehicle so stick with him. Everyone got it?"

   Together they all agreed with full confidence and Allura felt reassured. They rushed off to choose their vehicles. Pidge crawled into a slim green mini, Lance a Blue Ferrari, Shiro a large black duel wheeled Denali Sierra, Allura a silver and pink corvette, while Keith finally got a ride on the Yamaha he had his eyes on. They started up and waited for Hunk to finish, the men rushed outside and Hunk went to his own vehicle which was a thick yellow Rhino GX. The garage doors opened and he drove the massive vehicle followed close behind by Pidge. The other Paladins took their sides, Allura sped around swiftly able to make those sharp turns as she shot the Galran grunts, Shiro was able to keep her gaurded and take out their large vehicles that deployed more men and firearms. On the other side Keith and Lance watched each others backs. With Keith's small agile bike he was able to keep the men out of the way of Lance's Ferrari, he had been given a gun but instead used a long dagger that was gifted to him by Allura. Lance left his heavy vest on the gas and stuck a baton in the steering wheal to keep it straight. He brought down the the roof turning the blue lion into a convertible and stood up on the seat using his rifle to snipe as he drove by. Hunk in the front was having a hard time. They had pinned down the electrical vehicle and Pidge was trying to hack in and stop their automatic weaponry. She was having a hard time and Hunk was losing stamina quickly. 

"Guys I dunno how much longer we can hold off, Zarkon's vehicle is almost here and we still haven't shut down their weapons system." Hunk fretted over the headset.

"Don't worry we're on our way back." Allura answered his call.

"Same here buddy." Lance said excitedly. "Just hold on."

   Before they could get to him as if on cue Zarkon showed up with a dark purple Marauder. Hunk turned around and his eyes widened at the massive vehicle. 

"Piiiidge I need you to hurry up!" Hunk warned.

"I almost got it!" She called back.

   The massive African military vehicle began to crush all of the vehicles in its path, it thrashed through the people like fruit flies until it came with in a car length to Hunks vehicle.

"Pidge."

"Just gimme another-"

"Pidge!" 

   Hunk grabbed the small girl and yanked her out of the mini abandoning the Rhino just as they hit the ground the Marauder trashed the Rhino and the mini that followed. The vehicles guns pointed towards the paladins, they got up and tried to run but the artillery was starting up. The bullets tore up the soil and just before they got near their heals Shiro's truck stopped in front of them, he opened the door and Hunk threw Pidge in before climbing up the side. The truck drove off and the bullets just skimmed the tail.