Trying Not to Fall in Love

Lance stood at the counter taking the key-card from the woman at the desk. He turned around to see Keith staring in a large tank filled with tropical fish. The Cuban smiled softly at the boy as he moved his head along with the fish. Lance came up to Keith's side and watched the rainbow coloured creatures pass through the slow moving water.

"Keith?" He interrupted.

"Huh?" The pale boy looked up.

"Here." Lance handed him a card. "One for you and one for me."

   Keith took the card from his hand and gave him a strange look.

"What? I trust you." Lance smirked ruffling his hair.

   That one move reminded him deeply of Shiro. He felt something familiar and comforting by the touch. He held onto the card tightly and began to follow Lance to the room. They headed up the stairs into the hall to find the door.

"Would you like to do the honours?" Lance presented the door.

"Alright?"

   Keith took his card and placed it in the slot, he gave it a swift jerk and the light went green. He looked at Lance and the Cuban pushed him to open up. Keith turned the nob and opened the door to a large suite. The sheets on the two queen sized beds were a deep satin purple. When he walked in he saw a large washroom with a tall glass shower and a Jacuzzi. There was a balcony with white French doors and a gorgeous painting of water lilies.

"Lance. This is-"

"Awesome? I know right?" Lance cocked. "What should we do first?"

"Do?" Keith looked back.

"Yeah, we could watch TV, order junk food, drink champagne, take a dip in the hot tub." Lance suggested.

"Are you for real?"

"Oh for really real." Lance winked.

"Guess I won't be taking any pain meds tonight." Keith walked into the room to the kitchen.

"How come?"

"Cause we're gonna get wasted." Keith pulled out two bottles of champagne.

"I like your moxy kid."

**********************************

   Later that night the two sat in the hot tub together with a glass of champagne in each of their hands. Keith had his wounded leg swung over the side of the tub so his stitches wouldn't get soft while he lay the rest of his weight against Lance's side.

"Okay so weapon of choice." Lance asked.

"Any knife." Keith looked out to the ceiling dreamily.

"Seriously?"

"Well what would you use?!" Keith snapped back.

"A good old M24. Military grade keeping it old school." Lance held up his hands to make a large finger gun.

"That's so cliche."

"You're cliche!"

   Keith rolled his eyes and took a sip of his drink. "Okay your turn again."

"Alright. This one's for real. If you could be anything other than a gang bosses son what would you be?"

"I-" Keith paused.

   He had never thought about it before. Anything other then what he had been trained to be all his life.

"I don't really know. I guess I'd want to be normal, go to school, get a good job, fall in love and have a family."

"Really? That's actually really comforting." Lance smiled.

"What is?"

"That you aren't a deranged psychopath that only knows murder."

"Awe yes That." Keith laughed.

"You know, beyond being hunted alive, almost blown up several times, and having intense anxiety from watching you almost die... I'd have to say this has been a fun trip." Lance's large smile leaned back.

"Well I'm glad someone's having fun."

"Hey, I'm the kidnapper, this has always been fun and games for me." Lance joked. "Come on, I'm sure your falling for my witless charms."

"Witless is an understatement." Keith grinned.

"Hey!"

"Alright, alright.... maybe this adventure has been a little exciting."

"A little?" Lance's brow raised.

"Only a little!" Keith defended. "But... Even though you taken me away from my home against my will...... I can't say I hate you..."

"Awe you're so sweet." Lance mocked.

   Keith's Sharp eyes swiftly pierced into the Cuban. "Don't ruin the moment."

"The moment?"

    Lance looked around at the dimly lit room taking in the beautiful candles they had began to burn, the smells of the room aroused his senses. He could smell the aroma of the Jacuzzi, the burning candles, and even the soft spicy sent of Keith's shampoo.He looked down at the boy getting past his absurd position, the smaller male leaning against his arm was very attractive. His pale chest was fit and toned from his training. His slim arms looked gentle yet able to strangle any unsuspecting man. And his dark hair that the Cuban loved to make fun of so much was feathery and soft, not much different from a ravens feather.

   Keith turned his head and caught the Cuban staring down at him. Instead of reacting with questions and being slightly creeped out, he became lost in his bright blue eyes that seemed so focused and at ease. He could feel a twinge in his chest and at the same time the enemies could feel their hearts pounding. Lance reached his hand over Keith's cheek moving his long hair out of his face taking in the adorable boys soft features. Keith could feel his heart pounding heavier, he felt two urges, one controlled by lust the need to hold the other male before him, the other fear causing his body to want to push him away. But before he could choose between the two Lance leaned in and locked their lips together. Keith's eyes widened in surprise momentarily before the calming rush of the kiss let his body ease and his eyes close. He moved his arms over Lances shoulders bringing him in closer as the Cuban wrapped his own around Keith's waist.

   However in the moment Keith forgot about his wound. He let his leg slip into the got water and when he did it began to burn in pain and he hollered pushing Lance away and jumping out of the tub. Lance got out after him swiftly and saw the bright red stitches.

"Hold on I'll get a cloth."

   The taller male raced to the kitchen and pulled out a tea towel soaking it in cool, but not cold water. He rushed back over and slowly placed the cloth over the stitches. Keith winced at the sudden temperature change but then let out a long breath of relief. He looked back at Lance who was crouched over him and the two began to blush violently. But with in the commotion they both smiled and their smiles soon cracked into laughter. Lance sat on the floor beside Keith and they laughed through out the night.