Unwelcome

After the beach Keith and Lance finally headed to the Altean mansion. Once they got there they parked in the lower area that was filled with trucks, SUVs, sports cars, and motorcycles of the 5 colours. Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, and Black. Keith paused looking down at a red Yamaha FJR1500. He looked over its sleek yet toned build slightly daydreaming over it before going back to following Lance. They walked around the under ground parking lot to the front of the the home. They crossed through the garden and arrived at the large pearl white house. To Keith it was like a beautiful castle from a fairy tale. To Lance it was just home.

"Come on in." He gestured walking up the steps.

   Lance pushed open the twin doors with golden Lion knockers and they stepped inside to see a wide white entrance with a huge crystal chandelier. The walls were lit with blue lights that almost looked futuristic.

"Welcome to the castle of Lion's" Lance introduced.

"How do you keep it so clean?" Keith asked.

   The blue paladin let out a light chuckle as he pushed Keith through the mansion.

"Come on let's go find Coran so we can report to Allura."

   Keith gulped down his fear of the leaders name and followed close behind Lance. As they walked the darker haired boy slowly began to feel more comfortable to stand on his own admiring the family portraits displayed side by side vibrant oil paintings across the ivory walls.

"Where is everyone?" Lance whispered to himself.

   As he said that he heard footsteps ahead seeing a tall ginger mustached man walking past the hall slipping through a tablet unaware of Lance's return.

"Coran!" He called jogging towards the man.

   Keith stayed a bit behind still captivated by the scenery. He never got the chance to see his own home outside of his room or the training grounds let alone someone else's home. The castle of lions seemed huge and Keith wanted to explore further but knew he probably would not get the chance for a while.

   He kept walking till from the corner of his eyes he saw a door open and before he could react someone grabbed his hand and tried to pin him to the wall. However he was quick, dodging out under the others arm and spinning his wrist out of place. He turned around to dodge a dark tanned skin hand. He pushed it out of the way and tried to go on the defensive side but the woman before him with serious blue eyes and long silver hair viciously jabbed at him. She was extremely strong for her size and it took Keith by surprise. Suddenly he couldn't read the next move and the woman almost landed a blow when a flash of dark blue appeared before him. He looked to see Lance holding the woman's hands, struggling to keep her still.

"Allura stop!" He yelled.

"Let me go! That's one of Zarkons sons! He must be detained immediately!" She said with a thick English accent.

"No! He's not like that."

   Suddenly surrounding them were the clicks of weapons safeties being released. Lance looked around to see both Hunk and Pidge alongside a handful of other guards dressed in white.

"Allura, Lance, come out of the circle." Hunk tried to direct.

   Lance looked to Allura defeated and let her go. She slowly began to leave out of range and as she did Lance quickly pushed Keith to the wall and stood in front of him facing the many firearms.

"Lance!" Allura called back.

"Look! I know how this seems, but if you would just give me a chance to explain!"

"There's nothing to explain Lance you know what the mission was." Pidge butted in.

"Well I'm changing the mission! You want Keith you'll have to go through me!"

   Hunk looked at his friend shakily then moved his gaze to their leader desperately.

"Allura I think we should listen." He suggested.

"Lance get out of the circle." Allura persisted.

"No." The Cuban stood his ground.

   Allura's face lit up as her blood began to boil at her paladins disobedience, "Lance! Do it immediately or-"

"I WON'T MOVE!"

"STOP!!" Keith's voice broke in as he stepped out from behind Lance. He looked up at the taller male his face calm. "Lance just go, I knew what I was getting into when I came here." He said softly.

   Lance did not move. "No, I said I wouldn't let anyone else hurt you."

"Lance please." Keith pushed.

"No! Keith isn't what you all said he was! He's not some killing machine controlled by his father, in fact he's the opposite, from the get go he helped me escape his own men and when he had hundreds of ways to escape or turn against me he stayed. He saved my life, what did he get in return? A gashed open leg, and a split head. Beyond the crap I put him through he stayed by my side. So if you kill him for being a Galra, then I guess you'll have to kill me too, because I see no difference between us."

   Hunk and Pidge looked to Allura who's furrowed brow eased.

"Weapons down." She sighed.

   The men listened leaving Hunk and Pidge to rush to Lance's side.

"What the hell were you thinking." Pidge hissed.

"Don't you ever do that to me again!" The giants eyes became teary.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I made a promise, and you know how I am with those."

   The smaller blonde female raised a brow. "You forget them?"

"Okay YES." Lance agreed. "But do I ever break them?"

"Not ever!" Hunk nodded.

"Lance!" Alluras voice raised over their reunion.

   The group looked at her as she walked to face Keith.

"You are not to leave this boys sight for a minute. He will stay with you at all times." She ordered then began to speak to Keith. "I will give you a chance to prove yourself. But if you make one wrong move, if you look at someone the wrong way, if you sit, eat, or breath the wrong way, I won't hesitate to take your life where you stand, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes." Keith nodded.

"Good. Dinners at 6, Lance you'll be with Keith helping in the kitchen and then on dish duty seeing as you went way over your budget."

"I knew you'd tell." Lance glared at Pidge.