The Missing

The Paladins walked into the main hall where their families waited to know why they were here. They wanted to dart to their families however knew that doing so would cause the families concern. So they stayed in a row in front of them waiting for Allura to show up. However Lance began to fidget uncomfortably.

"Lance, stay still." Keith hissed at him.

"But-" He began but Allura finally arrived.

   She stepped out in the middle of the room and waited patiently for everyone to settle. As they did she began to speak.

"Welcome families of Voltron." She said diplomaticly. "I have summoned you here because we had an attack recently from the Galra family. We weakened their mob for sure, however leaving them powerless to attack us also leaves you in danger as you could be seen as easy targets. To prevent that, each of the families will be taken to a safe home until this all settles down."

   Concern flew through the families as they whispered to one another.

"Clothing, food, and accommodations will all be there for you. We also will take care of any financial issues. So don't worry. Once everyone is here we will need to leave immediately."

    In this sort of situation most would be thrown into a panicked hord. Screaming for answers and solutions. However these families knew a day like this would eventually come.

"Alright then do we have everyone?" She asked.

"No!" Lance called out. "Wheres Marco?!"

   His mother looked at his father with concern then spoke up. "He's still at work, you know how he is with his job."

"We need to go get him!" He looked to Allura.

"No lance, any wrong moves could put them all in danger." She reminded.

"Then what are we going to do? We cant just text him!"

"I-" She became speechless.

"What about Rolo and Nyma?" Keith stepped up. "Couldnt we hire them to bring him to the drop off point? They said to us in the car business first right? So they would put Marco as a priority."

"Can we trust them?" Hunk asked remembering their last encounter.

"I think we can." Matt, pidges brother from the car shop spoke up. "I've worked on their vehicles before and they said they dont deal with the Galra anymore because they always try to give half of the promised price. They seem very not into the group like they'd love a chance to go against them."

"Lance." Allura looked to him. "Its your call."

"Do it!" He didn't hesitate.

"Alright, I will send a message out to Rolo, Paladins get the families to the vehicles while Shiro and I move the prisoner." She ended.

   The paladins raced to their families and Lance pulled Keith to his. They all began to give hugs and kisses happy to see each other but still worried for Marco. Lance's mother fidgeted over him worrying about his shot shoulder and tired eyes.

"Lance what happened to you?" She asked.

"It was nothing, really." He shook it off. "I know this is a lot to stress about but I want you to meet someone."

   He stepped aside and aloud Keith to walk up. He stared at them blankly completely unsure of how to react.

"Everyone, this is Keith, my boyfriend."

   Keith's face went scarlet when he heard those words and stared at Lance in shock. If he had said that to Zarkon the emperor would surely kill them both. However he was met with an embrace from Lance's mother which made his head spin.

"Such a cutie." She smiled.

"Yeah I think so too." Lance winked. "Anyways we'll have loads of time to talk in the SUV but we gotta get going with the others."

The families were lead below to three black 2018 GMC Yukons XLs. They were massive but that's exactly what they needed. They all got into their vehicles Hunk waiting for Allura while the rest prepared to go. Pidges vehicle, that Shiro drove, as well as Lance's vehicle that he drove began to leave. Hunk waited outside of his truck to see Allura jogging towards him. She looked worried and panicked.

"What's wrong Princess?" He stood up straight. "Did the 'prisoner' give you trouble." He asked.

"No, I'm afraid it's much worse than that." She breathed.

"Worse than Lotor escaping?" He whispered.

"Yes. Rolo and Nyma made it to Marco's work but he was gone. His boss said a man in a purple Escalade gave him a ride somewhere." Her eyes widened. "There is no doubt it was Zarkon!"

"We have to tell Lance." Hunk worried.

"No! It will cause panic amongst the family. We need to get everyone to the safe house then we paladins can work something out from there."

"I'm not sure Princess." He hesitated. "Isnt it a little messed up to keep this from him?"

"Maybe, but right now our priority is getting these people to the safe house quickly without getting detected."

Hunk looked into the truck at his own family and sighed. "Alright."