Zarkon's Move

Haggar returned to Zarkon's side who had been working with Lotor to weaken the Altean defenses. The tall silver haired male stood against the door frame with his arms crossed looking away from both his mother and father.

"It seems the Paladins have Keith and Shiro." Haggar spoke.

"So it seems." Zarkon said not giving any real notice. "Has your mission been completed?"

"No sir, without Shiros arm I was not able to put the virus into their communications." The thin woman apologized.

"No matter. We have depleted their ranks enough. Now is the time to strike." The dark man smiled.

"Strike?" Lotor stared at his father. "They out number us 3 to 1 even with out their silly little ground bases. Not to mention Shiro is one of the commanders of our second fleet. How could we possibly-"

"Silence yourself Lotor."Haggar hissed.

   Zarkon's sharp golden eyes Pearced into Lotors violets.

"Know your place boy." He grumbled.

   Lotor's lip grew back in a snarl but he turned away not able to do anything about how he knew his father was wrong.

"I have a mission for you then. Lead your 4 generals to the Altean castle. Get in and take out the Paladins. There are only 4, do you think you can manage them?" Zarkon looked to his son.

   Lotor bit back a sharp remark and nodded. "Of course, it will be done."

"Then go." The large man shooed him.

   Lotor gave one last bow before exiting the room. Haggar looked up to her husband awaiting orders.

"As for you. Do the same but let out the boys and finish the job. I will have a fleet at the Altean doorstep in wait for yours and Lotor's success."

"Of course, I hope to see you soon." The woman grinned before also leaving the room.

Elsewhere:

   Lotor marched to where his generals awaited his command. He pushed open the twin door and stood before them. The 4 woman got up from the furniture they had been sitting upon standing at attention when they saw the eldest son. One was a large woman who looked like she could toss a bus, this was Zethrid. Then Ezor, a tall slender girl with a long high tied ponytail sweeping the back of her knees. Narti, a hooded young woman with black shades and a scrawny cat over her shoulder. The last was Acxa, a pretty woman with short dark hair and a permanently serious face. They all looked to him with admiration.

"We got a gig?" Zethrid asked. "Cause I'm dying for some action!" She clenched her fists.

"Yes we get a very exciting mission." Lotor smirked feeling comforted by the women's presence.

"What've we got this time boss?" Ezor samg playfully.

"We get to take out the Paladins of Voltron." He further explained.

"The Paladins?" Acxa smirked. "This sounds like a risky mission."

"Which is why we were assigned to it." The dark skinned man turned. "Come on, it's time we make our move."

*********°•💜•°*********

   Back at the Altean mansion the Paladins had just finished their training and were now heading to the lunch room to have some.... Well... Lunch! They walked into the room together sitting around the same table as they began to eat. This time it was a lot less tense and felt even a little homely.

"Hunk, that was pretty amazing how you took on all four of us in that tug-o-war." Lance praised. "I thought adding Shiro would give us the advantage for sure."

"Sorry I should have went easy on you." Hunk apologized.

"He was going easy on us." Pidge caught him in his lie.

"Remind me not to mess with you big guy." Keith smiled.

"Your training room is fantastic. It almost makes it fun which is a great motivator." Shiro complimented.

"Yeah Allura does all the training regiments. You should have seen when we all first started out." Lance smirked looking to Hunk and Pidge.

"Please don't remind us." Hunk sulked.

"How long have you three been paladins." Shiro asked.

"Not long, about a year and a half." Pidge answered.

"How did you become paladins?" Keith was also interested.

"Dumb luck." Pidge shrugged.

"I wouldn't have called it luck back then." Hunk sighed.

"I personally thought it was epic." Lance smiled widely. "Would you like to hear the tale?"

   Keith and Shiro nodded while Pidge rolled her eyes and Hunk got ready for the story.

"Alright. It was a day like any other. We were all skipping classes."

"Not by choice." Hunk reassured.

"When suddenly there was a desperate cry for help." Lance went on.

"She was not desperate nor crying." Pidge interrupted.

"Kay this is my story time." The Cuban became annoyed. "Anyways. I decided we should check it out and like hero's we did. We rushed to the damsel in distress to see her cornered by five Galran baddies. So together we created a plan. With Pidge distracting the men I was able to climb up a fire escape and use my sling shot to start taking them out one by one. Then at the last moment Hunk ran in like a loose bull knocking the rest out."

"Completely Petrified I may add." Pidge grinned to her old friend.

"Then we confronted the princess where she then said. 'Oh great warriors, what name dost thou go by.' and we introduced ourselves. We were Hunk the strong, Pidge the brains and Lance the hero."

"Oh dear lord." Pidge palmed her face.

"Then the princess said. 'oh Lance, you are my hero! Wouldn't you please join my side as the great paladins to help rid the world of evil?' and we said 'Sure, why not?'."

"That was the most ridiculous story I have ever heard." Keith was annoyed.

"Don't worry." Pidge sighed. "That's not really what happened. But there's no doubt in his mind that is what happened."

"Lance the hero! They all screamed." The tan male was now standing on his seat. "Sharpshooter can we have your autograph. The ladies begged."

"Alright that's enough big shot." Pidge yanked at him.

"Alright, alright but you get the picture."

   In the far above window sat Lotor watching the Paladins eat a toothy grin crossing his snake like lips.

"Interesting."