Train Wreck

The entire ride Lance and Keith pretended to not notice the plethora of hidden Galra spies in the train. They instead played games and tried to keep one another occupied with questions and tiny fights. Keith looked out the window watching the trees and cities go by, and for a moment he forgot all about what was going on. He forgot about the kidnapping, about the men that were after him about him being a Galra, that he and Lance were sworn enemy's. Then it all came rushing back on him like a storm of tumbling rocks. He was helping him, why was he helping him? He was obnoxious, loud, cocky, brainless and most of all his kidnapper. Yet. Keith looked over to the goofy brunette who was falling asleep with his mouth wide open and he felt at peace. He watched over Lance and the car as the Cuban boy slept.

   Keith looked back out the window for a moment and was about to turn back when something red caught his eyes. He looked back to see light sparks pass the window. He tried to look down at where the sparks came from but the edge of the window blocked his view. He turned to Lance and shoock his shoulder.

"Hey, get up." He whispered.

"I'm not sleeping." he mumbled back.

"There's something sparking outside."

"Probably just the brakes, relax mullet." He rolled over.

"No Lance we should check it out."

"5 more minute mommy."

"Oh dear god." Keith rolled his eyes.

   The dark haired male pushed the boy out of his seat and onto the floor getting dragged down with him when he forgot about the cuffs. He fell over the tan males body and stared down at him annoyed.

"Are you awake now?"

"Yes." Lance sighed. "But now people are watching us." He whispered.

"Well maybe you should have listened to me."

"Well maybe you shouldn't be such an aggressive jerk."

"I wouldn't have to be aggressive if you weren't such an idiot." Keith growled.

"So rude." Lance sighed. "What did you want to show me?"

"Sparks." Keith whispered.

"Alright, I'll go with you.... But first."

"First?"

"Can you stop straddling me? I'm not a horse."

   Keith's face went florescent red and he got off Lance as quick as he could. "You're sick." He grumbled.

"Uhuh right. Let's go for a walk." Lance stood up brushing himself off.

   Keith lead them to the connector between the two cars. There they could see the sparks spraying past the car. 

"Okay Lance, hold onto the train I'm gonna try to look at the source."

   Lance held onto the latter that lead to the roof and let Keith crawl over the side to peer under the train. Keith made it down and moved his long hair from his face. When he was able to see his eyes widened, he saw the brakes had snapped off and were scraping the metal wheels. He looked across to see a small bomb with a timer set to 45 seconds on the second brake. He was about to get Lance to pull him up when another small bomb blew out a different set of brakes further down. The Cuban above heard the loud pop and curling metal, he was about to yank Keith up when he saw a group of Galran's coming after them. He turned to the other car to see another group coming to cut them off.

"This is not gonna be fun." He murmured.

"Lance!" Keith called.

   Lance yanked Keith up and pointed to the windows. "We got a situation."

"We have two situations." The shorter male agreed.

"Classic action movie train escape?" Lance offered the ladder.

"Movies have classic escapes?"

"Oh my god if we survive this we are having an intense movie night... or two or three."

"Can we like go before we get turned into Swiss cheese?" 

"Oh yeah right." Lance boosted Keith up the ladder.

   They reached the roof and looked around at where the train was, it was mostly wilderness on their sides. However up a head the tracks lead to a tall bridge with a raging river beneath it.

"Well that's our escape plan." Lance pointed to the bridge.

"Wait what?!" Keith's face dropped.

"Hey I said classic action movie escape didn't I?"

"You know I haven't seen any of those movies!"

"It'll be fine." Lance smiled. "I won't let you go."

"Yeah you don't have much of a choice." Keith looked at the cuffs.

   They looked back at the Galran's reaching the roof and began to run over the train till they reached the end. The men and women chased after them as they leaped from car to car. As they charged across the swift train the brakes all began to blow beneath them one by one.

"Lance, the passengers!" Keith yelled.

"Why didn't you tell me about the bombs?!"

"I wasn't really given much of a chance!"

"Alright, I've got a plan!"

   Lance dragged Keith across the train to the driving car and swung them into the door breaking it in.  The conductor turned and was about to stop them when Keith savagely knocked him out.

"Keith!" Lance yelled in surprise.

"What?! He would have tried to stop us! Stop the train!"

"Fine." Lance looked back at the levers and his blue eyes widened. "Oh shnap." He said before pulling all the levers.

"Lance do you even know..."

   Lance started yanking them one by one and just as he was about to give up something actually worked and what was left of the trains brakes began to come to halt. 

"Yes! I'm a hero!" Lance said excitedly. 

"Good job Lance! Let's get out of here."

   They went to the door again and looked down at the river. "On three?" Lance asked.

"3" Keith agreed.

   In sync they began to count down before jumping into the river away from the burning train.