Under Attack

Lance sat on the white nurses bed with his bloody shirt beside him. The nurse was cleaning up the wound and getting the sutures ready to stitch him back up when Keith walked in and stepped up behind the woman.

"May I?" He asked holding his hand out to take the sutures.

   The nurse moved her eyes to Lance as if searching for an answer.

"It's alright, he can do it." He told her.

   She handed him the sutures and left the room not wanting to take responsibility. Keith made his way behind Lance and rested his hand on his shoulder to see the wound. He breathed letting out a heartbroken sigh. Lance looked over his shoulder to see the boy lost in thought.

"Keith?"

   The other boys dark eyes met lance's blues. "Ah, right... Sorry."

   Keith began to sew the wound together slowly and gently.

"Keith." Lance repeated. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Keith kept his eyes on the stitching.

"Ah 'fine'. Which means you're not." The Cuban smirked. "You can tell me what's wrong."

"I said it's nothing!" Keith got frustrated.

   The tan male gasped. "Keith! Is it possible you were...... Worried about me?"

   Keith pulled the thread tight and fast making Lance call out.

"Hey hey! Gentle with me!" He whined.

"Of course I was worried you idiot." His pale hands began to shake. "If I had just-"

"Woah." Lance turned placing his hands in a T shape. "Time out. This was NOT your fault."

"But I-"

"Bbbbbgdgku. Shh, just shoosh. You did the right thing, It gave Allura and Shiro enough time to find us and bail us out. You did good Keith." Lance said proudly.

   Keith's dark eyes began to pool and he quickly tried to wipe them away.

"Awe come here you sensitive little baby boy." The Cuban extended his arms as much as his wound would allow.

"Shut up." Keith pouted going around the table and resting himself in Lance's long tan arms.

"There, there." He patted his back.

"God I hate you." Keith murmured.

"Yeah, yeah I hate you too mullet. Now finish up you still have the front to do."

**********************************

    Elsewhere the now freed Pidge and Hunk were trying to figure out what damage the Galran had done to the Mansion.

"OK." Pidge spun her chair from one side of the room to the other. "When I give the mark we're gonna rebut this bad boy."

"Ready when you are mon Pidgeytan." Hunk saluted playfully.

"Good lord." She sighed. "Okay, on 3 then. 3....2....1... Now."

   The computer screens went dark for a moment before turning back on and slowly starting back up.

"Alright now we wait for them to load and-"

   Just before she could finish her sentence the computers started wailing like mad. The short young girl almost fell out of her chair as she tried to turn and see Hunk already at the computer.

"No. Oh no. Oh geeze. PIDGE!"

   She finally turned around to see the security system going haywire as hundreds of purple dots began to surround the home.

"They're here?!" She yelled.

*******************************

   Down in the cells where Shiro had recently spent some time. The four female generals and Lotor were separated far from each others reach. Allura and Shiro stood before Lotor's cell as they spoke to him about his plans.

"You know this is all very unnecessary." He said pointing to the cage.

"After what you did to Lance you aren't going anywhere." Allura said sternly. "Now what can you tell us, and why do you want to be of help."

"As I said before, I want to be the Don of the Galra. As for telling you anything, why should I if I'm only going to stay locked up."

"Because you can't be trusted." Shiro butt in.

"Look who's talking." Lotor smirked. "How come he gets a safe pass?"

"Because he hasn't tried to kill any of us." Allura snapped back.

"1. I wouldn't have killed him because I knew you'd agree with me. You Alteans are all about family and love. It's sick. And 2. I'm very positive that he was the one you had to fight back at the communications station right?"

"I would have nev-" Shiro began but Allura startlingly stepped in.

"Shiro is not like you other Galra. He doesn't shoot first and ask questions later. He would never kill someone unless he was 100% sure there was no other option. That being said he would easily sacrifice himself over the life of another. So yes we fought. But I know he wouldn't have really harmed me, no matter what he did or said." She looked at the large man with full confidence.

"That's touching." The long haired man sighed as if bored.

"Enough Lotor." Shiro glared. "We know Zarkon is going to attack. But when?!"

"Sooner then you're ready for." Lotor grinned.

   Just as he said that sirens began to blare throughout the the mansion and Pidges voice came over the intercom.

"Attention. Galra fleets are beginning to circle the area. We have a code Voltron. This is the real deal. Paladins get to the hangers."

"Shiro come on!" Allura began to race through the halls and the large male chased after her leaving Lotor and his generals alone.