Making A Good Impression

Keith and Lance sat in matching aprons one red the other blue as they peeled potatoes for Hunk before getting the real cooking started.

"I'm regretting the budget now." Lance sighed.

"I think you were doomed when the plane blew up." Keith reminded.

"I can't believe we went through all that only to end up peeling potatoes."

"Stop whining it could be worse." Keith shrugged. "We could be dead."

"Would that be worse?" Lance joked.

   Keith smirked looking back down at his own potato. The tall thickset Hunk walked over to their side in a yellow apron and a chef hat sitting just over his orange ribbon he kept tied around his forehead.

"How are my little helpers today?" His smile was as sweet as honey.

"Miserable." The Cuban whined. "Is this enough?" He pointed to the half filled bin.

"Sorry bud. Ah but Keith." The giant observed the other male. "Yours is Enough."

   Keith looked to his bin a bit surprised when he saw it was full and some of the potatoes he had placed in there had fallen to the ground.

"Good you can help me then." Lance pointed to his half empty bucket.

"Nope, sorry Lance, I need him to chop carrots now."

"Whaaaaat? That's not fair!" His blue eyes sparkled.

"I know buddy, life's not fair. C'mon Keith."

   The dark haired male followed behind the large Samoan man. He was lead to a cutting board with cleaned carrots and a long Santoku knife.

"Alright." Hunk rolled up his sleeves. "Now watch closely."

   He took the knife and pointed the tip to the board swiftly slicing the carrot into pinwheel shapes.

"Now you." He said moving aside.

   Hunk watched over him carefully and saw as he copied the action and in a flash he cut the entire carrot.

"Wow, you're pretty handy with a knife." he said a bit nervous.

"Well I-" Keith bit his tongue careful not to say anything that may sound threatening. "I've had a lot of practice."

"Oh you cook too?!"

"Well... No.."

"He means chopping things up Hunk." Lance rolled his eyes.

"Oh!" The large male looked a bit startled. "Of course."

"He's not gonna chop you Hunk." The Cuban toyed.

"Yeah," He agreed. "The only chopping I wanna see is on those carrots and on TV."

"Oh speaking of which, who won chopped? From the last time we watched?" Lance threw his head back.

"Ah, Samantha."

"Nooooo." The tan male cried.

"Yeah, 30 bucks Lance."

"Take it from my non existent pay."

"Oh yeah, Allura probably billed you huh?"

"I'll help pay." Keith piped up.

"What?!" Lance and Hunk said in sync.

"I mean, it was mostly my fault, I crashed the car, my people blew up the plain, and then the two hospital bills."

"Those hospital bills don't count." Lance snickered.

"Still."

"Didn't Lance like, kidnap you?" Hunk reminded.

"At first."

"Is this one of those weird things where the kidnapped person falls in love with their captor?" Hunk bullseyed. "Oh, Stockholm syndrome."

   Lance and Keith went bright red and stared at each other with the same "does he know?" look in their eyes.

"Or maybe you're like Lance said. I trust ya buddy." the large man smiled at his old friend.

   Lance let out a small sigh. "Thanks big guy."

            **************************************************************************

   Allura stood in a large room with many glowing monitors. She touched the screens swiping through different live cameras. She paused when she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." She said not looking away.

   The young Pidge peaked into the room before walking up behind the princess. She pulled a thumb drive from her jeans waving the green stick back and forth.

"Lance's report as well as the lintel we got from Keith so far." She explained.

"So he spoke?" Allura turned around.

"Yes actually, he answered every question."

   The princess rolled her eyes. "So he lied?"

"I don't think he was lying." Pidge took off her glasses.

"He has nothing to gain from telling the truth to us." Allura reminded. "He is only trying to gain our trust so that we will let our guards down. He may have Lance fooled but I won't let him trick us."

"Perhaps." Pidge agreed.

"Did you find the location of the middle son and Hagar?"

"Yes, they are at the third station trying to cut our communications but I sent a virus file into the main security hard drive. If they attempt to hack it the virus will pollute their computers."

"That should stall them until we are able to send a team over."

   Pidge put her glasses back on and rested her hand on the wall. "Who's going to lead the attack?"

   Allura stood from her chair turning to the smaller female. "I will."

   The small tech genius's hand slipped and she stumbled forward.

"You are?! Princess!"

"In a perfect world I would have sent Lance, however he has decided to babysit the Galran boy. I'm sure he won't let us lock him up while he's gone. So yes it will be me."

"I don't like this." Pidge stated.

Allura sighed. "I will be fine on my own, just keep in touch. I will assemble the team in a tic."

"Do you want me to assist you?"

"No, I need you on the com, do whatever you can to buy us more time."