10|Memories

Anastasia's POV:

FLASHBACK:

I waited in my bedroom for my mama to read me a bedtime story. It had been something that she always did and at the age of 8, she still did. I was under the pink blanket staring out the window, as the stars shone through. Too busy looking out the window I hadn't realized that mama came running in.

"Baby come here, we are going to play a little game. We are both going to hide in the closet and be as quiet as possible." Mama said and I just nodded and wrapped my arms around her neck as we both sat in the closet. I played with her brown hair in hopes to distract me. Mama had tears on her face and I was going to ask her, but she brought her hand up to my mouth. I heard loud noises coming from downstairs bangs and screaming. I was scared.

We heard the door of my room creak open I thought papa was here to save us.

"Clemintine come out and bring that pretty girl of yours with you." The menacing voice said I let out an involuntary whimper. I heard the steps get closer and closer until the closet door was abruptly open. A man with a scar going down the right side of his face gave us a creepy smile.

"Oh Clemintine my love you and Gerald knew the consequences so stop crying." He gripped mama's hair and pulled her up to his face. I tried to go with her but I couldn't. I couldn't stop crying. I felt so weak.

"Please let me go. Where is Gerald?" Mama cried and pleaded with the scary-looking man and he gave her a smile showcasing his rotten teeth.

"And why would I do such a thing, you betrayed me. Gerald is not dead I need him I can't kill him just yet. I can't believe you and Gerald kept this beauty hidden away from me the things I would do." He looked at me and licked his lips. This made me curl up into a little ball and shut my eyes.

"You leave her out of this you are sick." Mama spat at him which made him angry and he punched her in the face making her cry in pain. He beat her until blood pooled around her. Mama's cries became quieter and quieter. He then came to me and told me to open my eyes and so I did. I watched the man take out a gun and shoot her straight to her head. I cried louder, I couldn't anymore.

"Papa! Mama!" I yelled the man got close to me and caressed my face and kissed my cheeks.

"I'll come back for you my love, you be a good girl for me and stay quiet don't say anything. Remember I am always watching you don't want your papa to die right." He kissed me again and left and smiled as he closed the door.

That was the beginning of my nightmares. He fulfilled his promise every year on her death anniversary he came to me and defiled me. He was my monster the one that I could never outrun.

Gerald blamed me for mama's death, he let him do that to me as he watched. He let his friends hurt me. He was the reason I was a monster myself. I had to.

He gave me up and I was placed in foster care, I thought I would be done with it. He found me every time, I became numb to everything to him and I hate myself for being so weak.

~

I heard voices, but I couldn't open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. My body was tired it begged me to let it rest. I would be freed of my demons, the fight would be over. Then again I couldn't do that to my brothers. Adrian and Adrik brought some light into my life, I felt safe.

"Please, Ana wake up for me, please. Open them please, I promise you that I'll take you to meet Echo." He pleaded. I instantly knew it was Adrian, his voice sounded so raw and hurt. I want to wake up but I can't open my eyes. I felt so weak once again.

I promise I'm trying. Don't give up on me just yet.

I just wanted to tell him that I wasn't going anywhere. The pain the exhaustion is just too much, it is winning the battle.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I got closer to the darkness.

-unedited
Please comment and vote:)!