29|You

Adrik's POV: 

~Hours before~

I had not told my brothers the new developments of Jennika. The man that we had put on her to watch her sent me pictures of her taking money from a man. It was him, he had that unmistakable scar that ran down his face. 

He was in Chicago. 

Devin had a whole team working on capturing him. All of this felt like bad timing because the Irish were on our asses. They needed to be taken down. They were feeling a little too comfortable for my liking. 

I was walking towards the parking garage with a package that was sent to me. It was marked with red bold letters 'URGENT.' As I was walking I began to open the envelope. The first thing I took out was a typed letter.

'Look at your dear sister, you are clueless about what she does when she isn't with you. Sleeping with the enemy isn't a good look on her. You can't trust anyone these days, not even your own blood.'

I stood by my car and took out what was left. They were pictures of Anastasia and Domenico. I should have known especially since the day she ran away I saw the looks. We told her to stay away and she went and did the exact opposite. 

There they sat at a restaurant smiling. There was only one thought on my mind he was using her to get to us, that was the only logical explanation. I thought she was smarter than that, but I guess I was wrong. I knew he wasn't getting much out of her since we hadn't let her much into the business just yet. 

"Adrik" I heard a voice that was once so familiar. One that used to make me feel loved. I turned and saw her there. She looked different, but I knew it was her. How could I forget her? 

"What are you doing here, creeping around my building." I seethed out.

"Just let me talk." She pleaded, I couldn't really see her face because she had these ridiculous sunglasses on. I guess she thought she looked discreet, but it brought more attention to her. 

However, before I could respond gunshots were resounding. I saw her scramble behind my car. 

 I felt several bullets pierce through me. All I could hear now were her screams and she crawled to me. 

"I have to leave Adrik, but hang in there I am calling an ambulance. 

The last thing I remembered was her talking frantically over the phone before darkness consumed me.

Aleksander's POV:

We had been waiting for Adrik to come out of surgery for about 4 hours now. I had been working on finding out what happened from the waiting room of the hospital. Alexei was reviewing the security tapes of the parking garage. 

Devin had found some pictures and the note in the parking garage. I had seen them and not told our brothers anything yet about them. I couldn't say I was happy about it, but we don't need drama right now. 

"Look at this." Alexei came to sit next to me showing me what was on his laptop. The camera was angled in a way where we couldn't see how Adrik was talking to. "Here." He pointed under the car as we saw a woman crawling on the floor. She had been the one to call the police, but we couldn't find out who it was because she made the call on a burner phone. 

"Who has the envelope that Adrik had," Alexei questioned, I just shrugged hoping that he would just let it go for now. 

"Where are the rest of them?" I asked 

"Adrian took the twins and Ana to buy some food. I promised them I would call if Adrik got out of surgery before they got back." I nod absentmindedly thinking about Ana. I was upset with her because she was lying to us, I trusted and she goes and does this. Octavia had obviously been the one to help her meet up with him. It pissed me off because she knows who he is and she still encouraged her.  I needed Adrik, although I was the second oldest I don't know how to handle this type of shit. I could do anything else but this. 

I looked back and saw them coming back with food. Adrian tossed us a bag with our food in it. 

"Any news?" Adrian asked.

"A nurse came out and told us that he was almost out of surgery," I informed them. I decided to withhold that Adrik had flatlined 2 times during surgery. I didn't want to cause panic. 

Just then the surgeon came out which caught all of our attention.

"He's out of surgery. There were complications but he is fine now. He should wake up soon if you all want to see him the nurse can take you." He told us and he nodded. 

Anastasia's POV:

I was glad that Adrik was okay. He had woken up about 10 minutes ago and they were talking about what happened. They didn't want me to here so they were whispering. I didn't know why I could handle it. 

Devin had come and dropped off an envelope. I asked why Octavia wasn't here and told me that she went to spend the weekend with some family. I was surprised since she hadn't told me anything about that. 

I looked up from my phone because I felt their intense stares. 

"Why are you guys looking at me like that," I questioned and I heard Alexei scoff.

"Why?" He mocked, what's up with the sudden change in mood.

"You have anything to tell us?" Anton chimed in and I shook my head. 

"What about this?" Alek showed me a picture. It was of me on my date with Domenico. Fuck. 

"Did we or did we not tell you to stay away from him." Anton was slightly raising his voice to me. 

"You did, but you never told me why," I stated carefully not wanting them to yell at me. Adrik was just staring at me in disappointment and I hated it. 

"Do you know who he really is? You never questioned why he would ever be interested in you?" Alexei's harsh words felt like a slap in the face.

"He's Italian Mafia. He is just using you and you were naive enough to fall for it."  This time it was Adrik's voice. I couldn't say anything the words were caught in my throat. 

"You want to be taken seriously in the Mafia then stop acting like a fucking slut." Alexei spat. 

"FUCK YOU!" I yelled and just ran out of the room because that was all that I knew. I heard Adrian's voice as he was walking back from the vending machine but I ignored him. 

I knew that someone was chasing after me so I ran faster taking off the purple sweater that I was wearing and took my hair out of my ponytail to make it harder for them to spot me. 

I had been running for a while until I knew no one was following. I had dropped my phone on accident so I was lost somewhere in Chicago. 

I was now at a park nearby sitting by a tree letting angry tears flow down my face. I probably look like a crazy person but I didn't care. I had some spare change in my pocket so my goal was to find a payphone. 

After walking around for a while I found a payphone. I had made it my goal to memorize everyone's phone number on my phone so I was glad it was paying off right now. I dialed the number.

"Can you pick me up, I am by Northly Island Park?" My voice came out as a whisper. 

"Yea, I'll be there in 15 wait for me ok." 

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!