37|Marriage

^^Katerina

Anastasia's POV:

I quickly got off the bed.

"Please tell me it isn't what I think it is." I eyed him carefully awaiting his response.

"We have to get married." He himself sounded like he didn't agree with the decision that was made. How was I supposed to get married to someone I've been with for a few months.

"Domenico, I am 17 not even 18 yet. How do they want us to get married." At this point, I was pacing around the room.

"I know they planned for us to get married once you turn 18 which is in 3 months. I fought my father on this but he wouldn't budge, so instead of he said when you turn 21." He got up and came over to me to try and calm me down.

"That doesn't make this any better. Did my brothers know about this?"

"Yes, and before you say anything I asked them not to tell you because I wanted to tell you. Both mafias agreed that the only way to ensure our alliance was through marriage, and if we were to break it off that would mean war between the two." That made things even worse, so I was stuck in this relationship no matter what. What if things don't work out?

"Nothing is set in stone just yet. We are supposed to sign a contract which is being drawn up. You have the final word in this. I think it is best if I leave you to make that decision." He kissed me on my forehead and left the room.

Everything comes with a price. Whether I want to admit it or not I've fallen for him, and I can't see myself without him. I just don't want either of us to feel pressured when it comes to our relationship.

~

I heard a knock on my door. I had been locked up in my room trying to figure out what I wanted. I told whoever was behind that door to come in.

"I don't believe we've met." The tall woman spoke. She was absolutely stunning her jet black hair was styled in a bob, she wore a bold red lipstick, and what stuck out to me the most were her eyes. Just like mine.

I shook my head at her statement. "No, we haven't. Who are you?"

"I was supposed to come last time, I am your idiot father's sister, Katerina." Her Russian accent was very prominent. I should've guessed it was her because I didn't meet her that day. Also, she looked a lot like our father and us.

"Come walk with me in the backyard." She wasn't asking me she was telling me. She had an intimidating aura, I aspired to be like her. I quickly got up and put on coach slides.

I walked beside her, I was almost as tall as her she was a few inches taller. We had made our way to the backyard.

"I've heard so much about you. My brother and I never had the best relationship, he thought that I should focus on finding myself a husband to provide for me." She began to speak staring ahead not even sparing me so much as a glance. I was unsure of where she was going with all of this. "Being tied down and married never appealed to me, but our family business did. He wasn't too happy our father allowed me to train as an assassin. When father passed the mafia down to him he swore that he wouldn't need me, until he realized that having me on his side was the only option." She chuckled.

"Why are you telling me all of this." I managed to say before she continued.

"I heard about everything that has gone down. Don't ever let these little boys determine whether you are capable of being in the mafia. I also know about this marriage proposal." She motioned me to sit down on the bench by the flower garden.