2|Shock

Adrik's POV:

Life is life it has good and bad moments. I've lost a lot of things in my life that has made me who I am.

The loss of my unborn baby sister to my mother vanishing without a trace. The resentment I felt towards her because of the damage she caused us all, we were all hurting. She broke our family. However, that was then, now we are stronger than we have ever been. Normality in our family returned when my father met the woman who I call my mother now.

I have everything I could dream of except her, but I've learned to deal with and accept. I've stayed strong for my brothers, some of who were too young to understand the situation.

I am proud of who we as a family have become. Family means everything to me.

Currently, I am sitting in my office which gives me a great view of Chicago. Slowly I've started to take over more and more of my father's businesses because he wants to spend more time at home. My brother Aleksander and I are more into the family business well the legal business. You see my father is the leader of the Bratva the Russian Mafia. Soon I would take over.

~

It was late and I was still stuck in the office working. I ran my hand through my black hair due to the frustration I was feeling. Nothing was going right and as always I had to fix it.

I groaned hearing the phone ring I picked it up seeing it wasn't a registered number on my phone.

"Hello" I answer uninterested

"Hi, this is Lila Morrison I am a caseworker in the state of Montana. Our records show that you have relations with Anastasia Miller. We tried to contact her father, but there was no answer."

"There must be some mistake I don't know anyone with that name, and what exactly is our relation," I said my heart broke hearing that name, but it couldn't be because she was dead right.

"We did a DNA search through the police database it shows that she is your sister and her father is Maxim Vassiliev. We are hoping you can take guardianship of her or she'll remain in the system."

"I'll take over her guardianship."

~

I was in shock, Anastasia was alive she never died. I was hurt that our so-called mother came up with that vile lie. I quickly called some of our men that would find out what happened all these years, and find out why. Tomorrow I had an early flight to Montana to sign some paperwork, her caseworker was coming back to Chicago to inspect the home was proper for her. Of course, I had sent one of my most entrusted men to make sure she was actually my sister.

I wouldn't tell any of my brothers or dad until this was all true. I really hope it is, I can't imagine the life that she has been living. My heart breaks for what could have been if she was never taken away from us without our knowledge.

We mourned over her it broke us all. All I knew is that the hate for that woman who birthed me grew. She didn't deserve to be called our mother. It was my mission to find Jelena Vassiliev.

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!