Prologue

~17 YEARS AGO~

The blonde-haired woman sat by the window in her Moscow home staring at the snow-filled field. She rubbed her protruding pregnant belly. To everyone else, she was no longer pregnant which tore her family apart. They were finally having a little girl in the family, but she wanted her freedom much more.

Her husband was devastated by the news that she had miscarried, so he allowed her to leave to their Moscow home to cope. Little did he know that she was selling her daughter for her freedom. She was selfish and she knew it.

~

The woman was in pain as she was giving birth, her blonde hair was sticking to her face with the sweat. The midwife told her that she needed one more push and the baby girl would be out. A couple stood in the corner, the man held the woman as she cried of happiness, she was finally going to get a baby.

All that could be heard was the wailing of the baby. She got her husband's black hair, from what she could see she closely resembled her husband.

Once the baby was cleaned and wrapped in a blanket. She had one request only for the couple, and that was to name her Anastasia Blythe.

The couple agreed to the name, as the brown-haired woman held the baby, and looked at her with awe. The man gave the blonde-haired woman the instructions on what she needed to do to disappear without a trace. He would do anything for his wife, and what made his wife happy meant a child.

With that, they left with the baby in their arms, leaving Russia as soon as possible.

~

The blonde woman had everything she needed to leave. She was no longer going to be tied down she didn't want this life. She got married young and had her first son at a young age, she thought that she could be happy. She tried so hard even if that meant having multiple children, but that didn't give her that feeling of happiness. She was miserable, but to the world, she had a perfect life.

She exited the Moscow home and waiting for her a black SUV that will lead her to her freedom. She had a new passport she was no longer Jelena Vassiliev.

She never thought about the consequences of her actions. She would come to regret leaving her family, but most of all the damaged she caused her daughter.