33|Sweet Dreams

Anastasia's POV:

I was locked inside my bedroom. I can't believe how within hours everything turned upside down.

Nico's dad had been adamant about making sure that he and I were far apart. Adrik and Mr.Accardi talked after, but their hate for each other was stronger than seeing us happy.

Mr.Accardi said that if my brothers didn't get me away from Nico then he was going to make sure that I wouldn't be a problem anymore. That night Adrian had come to get me. Nico promised me that he would figure something out. It has been three days since I last heard from him.

However, that wasn't the reason I was locked in my bedroom hiding in the corner of the closet. I was paranoid. As much as I tried convincing myself that I was safe, he always found a way. Today was her death anniversary. I missed her so much she was the only good thing that came from me being there.

Adrian had tried to get me to calm down but I shut everyone down. Since spring break had been over I was supposed to attend school today but I had convinced them to let me stay home.

"Honey." I heard Rosalie's voice. I forgot she had a key to my room well every room in this house. "You have to eat." I could hear her setting down the tray.

She walked into the walk-in closet and she gave me a sad smile. "Come on Adrian should be here soon." She helped me up even though I just wanted to stay there.

I had no energy today. I missed my mom. I missed Nico. I missed the relationship I had with my brothers before everything.

I changed into one of Nico's hoddies that had so graciously fallen into my bags when I left. I found a pair of blue mom jeans and my black vans. Adrian thought it was best to take me to the doctors to put me on birth control. Only Adrik knew that having kids was not a possibility for me so birth control was basically useless. However, I was due for a check-up so it wouldn't be so useless.

I checked my phone for notifications but nothing. I sighed in defeat and shoved the phone in my pocket. I ate the blueberry waffles that Rosalie had brought me. Her cooking was the best. I needed to eat fast since I was supposed to be leaving in a bit.

~

We were on our way back from the doctor's office. I just wanted to go home, but Devin wanted us to drop by his house. I tried to convince Adrian to just drop me off at home but he said that Octavia wanted to see me. I didn't want to see her. She had been off these past few days, and I knew that my instincts had to be right about her.

This would give me the chance to snoop around and see if I find anything.

We pulled up to the familiar home. I saw that Adrik's and the twin's car parked right outside. I was dreading going inside, but I have been giving them all the silent treatment.

We were inside their home where I spotted Devin we greeted each other. He told me that Octavia was upstairs waiting for me. I made my way up the stairs to her bedroom. I knocked to make sure I wasn't intruding on anything. I heard a faint come in from her.

Her baby blue room was a mess. Clothes were thrown all over the floor along with her some of her pillows. I was sort of concerned considering all the times I've come over it was clean. Was she going through some type of mental crisis?

I sat on her bed waiting for her to come out of her bathroom.

"Hey, sorry for the mess. I decided to dye my hair I was bored of blue." She said breathlessly. I saw that her hair was wrapped in a towel. She had just washed off the dye I was actually curious to see what color she had chosen.

"That's fine, but why is your room this dirty if you just dyed your hair," I questioned.

"Well, I also decided I needed a new wardrobe, so all the clothes you see on the floor I don't want. I was thinking about giving some to you know since you..." She trailed off staring at me up and down. Something was definitely up with her.

"Since I know what?" I said slightly offended. I know she was not coming for the way I dressed.

"Nevermind nothing. Do you want to see my hair?" She said with a huge smile. I replied with yes unenthusiastically, I was not feeling this anymore.

She unwrapped her hair.

Black.

I mean I didn't own black hair but it was like the same raven hair color that I had. From the pictures around her room, her natural hair color was a light brown. Not only that but it was about the same length as mine.

"So what do you think?" She asked me.

"It's nice. I'm going downstairs Adrian should be done by now." I got up and left before she could even respond. Maybe I was just reading into things a little too much. Who am I kidding? This is just weird.

I was downstairs looking for Adrian. I just wanted to go home and lock myself in my room. The worst part of this day was that my mom never got a proper burial, so there was never somewhere I could go. I have no idea what happened to her body.

~

The day was almost over. After leaving Devin's house I felt relieved, to say the least. We usually have dinner together but not today they were busy. I hadn't seen them all day, to be honest on Adrian. I was sure I'd run into them earlier but I didn't

I had done my night routine and now I was off to bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard my phone vibrate. I picked it up to see who messaged me.

nico<3: Baby, sorry for the late message, but I've talked to my dad. He told me something really weird. Call me tomorrow.

me: k.

The audacity men have. He hasn't talked to me in days. What happened to 'hi how are you.' Also, he didn't explain why he hadn't contacted me in almost 4 days. Deciding to deal with this tomorrow I set my phone down.

I closed my eyes hoping that tomorrow would bring clarity. I was tired of all this mess, I just wanted things to go back to normal.

3:24 am

I woke up hearing someone opening the door to my room. I sat up seeing the figure, it was a woman. She was approaching my bed and I was ready to punch whoever this was.

Before I could even swing I felt a pinch from a syringe on my exposed neck. My whole body felt paralyzed. I tried to scream but nothing came out. My eyes felt heavy.

"Sweet dreams." The familiar voice said before I completely blacked out.

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!