41|Adrik

Anastasia's POV:

I was excited. We were going to meet Adrik's girlfriend, and I couldn't wait. All Adrik had told us about her is that her name was Amaya, and yes she is age-appropriate for him. They had met doing a business deal since she owns a tech company.

She also knew about our family, which meant that they had been dating longer than I had originally thought. I guess I was too immersed in my own world to see that Adrik had been seeing someone. If anyone deserved to be happy it was Adrik.

We were going to a botanical garden to have lunch and I did not know what to wear. After spending what felt like forever I settled on a white silk slip dress that was decorated in flowers.

 After spending what felt like forever I settled on a white silk slip dress that was decorated in flowers

Once I was ready I made my way downstairs. My brothers kept telling me to hurry up, it wasn't my fault that I couldn't find anything to wear.

"Where's Adrik?" I counted all my brothers and one was missing. Adrik.

"He and Amaya are going to meet us there. They are almost there, we should've been there but someone was taking their sweet time." Andrey said accusingly.

"Shut up and let's go." I rolled my eyes following the rest of my brothers out. Of course, we were going in the SUV because the other cars they had were too small to fit us all. Alek was driving and Adrian sat in the passenger. The rest of us were in the back thank god Adrik wasn't here because they would usually make me sit in the middle of the twins because I was the smallest one.

The whole ride was spent fighting over who got to play music. Adrian telling us to behave our age because Anton was pulling my hair when I wouldn't let him play his music. Adrian put us on time out and said that we would spend the rest of the ride in silence as punishment.

We entered the restaurant. The hostess who was taking us to our table kept trying to flirt with Adrian. If only she knew that Adrian didn't swing that way. There sat under the gazebo Adrik and Amaya. She was drop-dead gorgeous. We all sat down and introduced ourselves.

"How long have you been dating?" I asked we had settled down and I've been dying to ask this question.

"Almost three years. Next month is our anniversary actually." Amaya answered.

"You've hidden her from us that long." Alek sounded a bit hurt. 

"She didn't find out about what I did until a year ago. I didn't want to put her at risk you know how it is. I kept our relationship a secret from everyone." Adrik explained.

"Adrik, we aren't everyone we are your brothers." This time it was Adrian. They are making lunch awkward now. I get where they are coming from, but they could do this in a more private setting, not right now.

"Can we not." I forced a smile to my brothers warning them to drop it.

The rest of the lunch went smoothly. Amaya and I planned to go shopping together next week. It felt good to be surrounded by more women. I hadn't noticed Nathan who was keeping guard from a distance. I didn't miss the way he would glare at me. I don't know what I did to make him hate me so much. I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed.