45|Relief

Anastasia's POV:

It was Sunday morning and for once I was feeling more productive than usual. Things have definitely calmed down, but who knows for how long. My phone has been blowing mainly from Grandma Lena.

I didn't understand why she was so adamant about us going to his funeral. Maybe, my brothers, they knew him more, but not even then. He was no father to him, and I didn't even build a relationship with him, he was a mere stranger.

Aunt Katerina had texted me that Grandma Lena kept insisting on her flying out to Russia for the funeral. It was like everyone except her knew what her son had been doing. He was not an angel and he did not die asking for forgiveness. That man did not anything wrong in his doings. Everyone knows a mother's love is something else, but she cannot force us to forgive and forget. To play family when that man was anything but the opposite.

The bedroom door was opened abruptly making me turn my head to see who it was. There stood an out of breath Gianni.

"Hurry! He woke up." He motioned to follow him. Immediately I stood up to follow him. Gianni explained to me how Evangelina went to the room just to check up on him when all of a sudden he opened his eyes. After making sure that he was feeling okay and if he remembered what happened.

Once we entered the room I saw that the doctor was checking him. His grey eyes met mine giving me a soft smile. I just wanted to be in his arms at this moment, but the doctor needed to make sure he was healthy.

"Everything is normal, nothing to worry about. I do recommend he takes at least a full week to fully recover. Make sure that he does not participate in any strenuous activities, but make sure to increase his activity little by little." The doctor spoke with a smile on his face. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that he was okay.

The doctor said goodbye and left us in the room with him. He was sitting up listening to his mom talk in Italian. Once she was done with what seemed to be with her rant she turned over to look at me.

"Come on Gianni, let us leave these two alone." She gave me a look before taking Gianni out of the room with her and closing the door.

"Come here," His voice was raspy. I walked over to the bed and sat down on the chair that was next to it. "No, not there here." He patted a spot on the bed. Reluctantly I got up and took off my shoes to get on the bed. 

His tattooed hand stroked my cheek. I relished the feeling of this calloused hand on my skin. 

"How have you been?" He questioned, face etched with concern. I shook my head at his question. I should be asking him not the other way around. 

"As good as I can be. How are you feeling right now?" I murmured. 

"Mmm good." He hummed bring me closer to him. We laid in silence basking in each other's presence. 

Moments passed before Nico spoke, telling me to help him go to the bathroom. Feeling a bit weak in the legs because he had been in bed for a week with no movement. 

"Are you going to need any help?" I asked unsure if I should leave and wait outside. 

"No, I need you to hold it while I pee." My eyes widened. I could see he was trying to hold back his laughter, finding my reaction amusing. Muttering a few curses I left the room. It was nice to know he was still his stupid self. 

Coming out of the bathroom he walked over to me, telling me that he wants to go back to his room. 

~

The day was coming to an end. Nico was caught up in everything that he missed. My brothers came over for dinner which was nice having everyone I love in one place. I had changed into my PJs which consisted of an oversized shirt that I may or may not have stolen. Nico was downstairs speaking to his father. 

Tomorrow was my doctor's appointment. I had yet to tell Nico about my suspicions because there was a chance that there was nothing to know. Either way, I knew I would tell him about it because we do not keep secrets from each other. On any other occasion, he would be the one going with me, but he had just woken up and he needed to take things easy. 

I got under the duvet covers waiting for Nico to come up. Although the doctor recommended that he should take it easy he is doing the opposite. As soon as he felt like he didn't need help moving around he began to do the most. Right now he was handling some business with this father. 

As my eyes began to close I heard him come inside the room. Since I had a tiring day ahead of me tomorrow I just ignored his presence and tried to let the sleep take over me. The room was dark only a small lamp that sat in the corner of the room illuminated the room. 

I heard the shower turn on. I kept my eyes shut hoping that it would trick my body into letting me sleep. It was a good while until I felt the bed dip. The strong scent of his body wash engulfed me, his hard body was against mine.

He moved my hair out of his way before he ut his face at the crook of my neck. 

"I love you," He said placing a soft kiss on my neck. He knew I was awake. 

Turning over to face him, I whispered, "I love you too," Our lips were inches apart as we looked at each other. His lips felt soft when they touched mine. Pouring all our feelings into the passionate kiss, I gripped the back of his neck pulling him impossibly closer. 

His hand traveled down, making his way under the black shirt that I wore. He grabbed a handful of my ass. His lips had made their way down to my neck sucking on my sweet spot. Uncontrollable moans left my lips only making him grip me harder. 

My hands pushed his chest. "The doctor said no strenuous activities. You overexerted yourself enough today. Maybe if you had rested." I placed one last kiss on his lips before turning my back to him. 

As much as my body wanted to continue, he needed to take what the doctor said seriously. 

"Are you serious?" He groaned.

"Mhmm. Plus I am tired I have a doctors appointment remember," 

"Why do you need to go again?" He questioned. 

"I need a check-up." He hummed in response. 

~

I was changed and ready to head to the doctor. Evangelina was downstairs waiting for me. One of their drivers was going to take us along with some bodyguards. Taking a deep breath I walked out of the room. 

It was mid-day so everyone else was busy. Sitting in the car I couldn't help my leg that bounced throughout the car ride. Evangelina kept telling me to relax and breathe in and out. 

Everything was happening too quickly. The nurse had already called my name, and it felt as if I just sat down. I wanted to run out of the clinic. If it wasn't for Evanelgina who was quite literally holding my hand throughout the whole process I probably would have. 

The nurse had made me pee into a cup and change into a disposable gown. I saw on the high table waiting for the doctor to come back with my results. Evangelina sat giving me a reassuring smile. 

"Anastasia, I'm Doctor Kumar. I have your results." The woman came in waving the tablet that she had in her hand. 

I wasn't ready to find out. 

-not edited
Please comment and vote!