000|𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

The sound of boots stomping on pavement

The sound of rain falling and crashing onto the damp ground

The sound of gunshots and blood splattering in the sidewalk.

Two men in their mid twenties ran across the concrete path of the dark suburban streets in the city of Tokyo.

A short ginger haired male was evading gunshots protecting the man with him.

His grits his teeth in annoyance. Using his ability to block and deliver the bullets aimed for him and his lover.

His gloved hands releasing red bursts of energy, in which allows him to control gravity. 

The brown haired male in turn hugged a bundle of clothes close to his chest protecting the kid sleeping peacefully inside of it.

His dark eyes calm and vigilant.

In his arms was a dainty little girl, fast asleep.

She was barely even 1 year old.

Dazai Yukiko. A blessing known to her parents; Dazai Osamu and Nakahara Chuuya, whom in turn proved the impossible is in fact, possible.

The attempt to run away and raise their child in a normal life was unattainable.

A dream deemed far-fetched especially with a bounty on their heads.

Tugging Chuuya's discarded coat closer to the small body he embraced with himself, he narrowly dodged a bullet, the projectile grazing on his cheek.

Sparing a glance at his ginger haired partner, Dazai gave Chuuya a nod as a signal.

In turn, the blue eyed male scowled, squinting his eyes at the bundle in the brunettes arms.

For a second his blue eyes tainted with a crestfallen look before sternly meeting the red-ish hues of Dazai's dark brown eyes.

Hesitantly, though effectively they temporarily parted ways, their pursuers caught of guard as both males sped off in two different directions.

Dazai ducked into an alleyway out of sight of any snipers or anyone following his tracks.

Thunder roared in a distance.

Carefully avoiding puddles and keeping the small head with mocha brown hair dry.

The man shuffled into an apartment complex his wet and muddy shoes clicking against the pristine hallways of the building.

Randomly stopping on one of the doors he carefully wrapped the black coat around his daughter.

She gurgled, giggling as the big piece of clothing hug her small body.

She meets her father's gaze, her blue eyes sparkling in recognition.

"Bahbah!"

Dazai's cold heart melted at the sight. He smiled bitterly, kissing the baby's forehead with an exaggerated mwah!

"When you're grown up Yuki-chan" he whispered "Look for us mmh'kay?"

He watched as she curiously bobbed her head to the side.

Yukiko's small fist grazed his cheek. She giggled opening and closing the palm of her hands afterward.

Along with Chuuya's coat, the baby was placed at a doorstep of one of the apartments.

His bandaged hands reached around the back of his neck, the bolo-tie he usually wore, now tied around the wrist of the baby girl.

He watched as she curiously examined the turquoise pendant and the brown straps that wrapped around her chubby wrist.

Raising the back of his hand against the mahogany door, Dazai delivered 3 soft knocks, carefully listening as the person in the accomodation shuffle inside.

Pinching his daughters chubby cheeks one last time, Dazai Osamu promptly walked away disappearing into the shadows in the corner of the hallway, as the door to the accomodation opened.

Teary blue eyes watched over his disappearing figure.

She sniffed.

The mahogany door opened revealing a rather tall man with short black hair that is shaved at the side of his head.

His guarded eyes, plowed through the halls wondering who would bother him in this ungodly hour.

A small whimper was heard at his doorstep.

Yaga Masamichi, baffled at the bundle sitting outside his apartment.

Scanning the halls once more to see any trace of the person who left the poor child there only meeting with muddy footsteps trailing from one part of the hall to another.

Yaga picked up the child and brought her in.

Throwing the wet coat into the washed, he's met with a name tag.

Hello! My name is Dazai Yukiko and I was born on May 9!

The names and contact information of her biological parents were scratched out, making the man furrow his brows.

He spared the teary eyed kid a glance. Who in turned stared right back at him.

"Looks like you're in my care now." The Jujutsu sorcerer sighed, smiling softly and patting her soft mocha brown hair.

"Dazai Yukiko-chan."