49 • Window

• Chapter 49 •

Chenle sighed, clicked his tongue disapprovingly.

"Taemin, how often do I have to remind you," he began, slightly shaking his head. "No elbow and no headlock!" 

"I can only repeat myself," Taemin said. "The elbow was an accident!" he argued but Cho-a eyed him carefully.

She faked a stiff laugh because that was an obvious lie. Then again, she didn't care enough to argue about it. 

"Whatever. Just help me use my powers and stop trying to teach me hand-to-hand combat," she ordered. 

But Taemin didn't like the idea. 

"How are you supposed to claw someone's neck if you aren't even strong enough to get to them?" he asked. 

It was a reasonable concern yet also one Cho-a only cared for so much. Truthfully, she knew that even if she managed to use her powers, strength was useless if she didn't know how to use it properly. 

She nodded but at the same time waved her hand side to side, dismissing his worry. 

"Okay, fine. Let's do that some other day, I want to do that thing now," she reminded him and patted the back of her neck. "I told you already but-" 

Taemin rolled his eyes before he and Chenle said a joined, "But keep it a secret." 

"We know," Chenle added. "Let's go with what Cho-a wants to do first." 

The older nodded reluctantly. He pushed his hands into the pockets of his trousers before saying,
"Use them. I won't move."

Cho-a frowned, dissatisfied. "I can't do it like that."

"What? Last time we fought--"

"Last time I saw you as a threat," she interrupted. She bowed her head apologetically, feeling bad for the older one as she was about to say that, "But I can't really see you as a threat anymore knowing that you are a big softie for Jisung."

Taemin groaned in annoyance but Cho-a just smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm also a softie for Jisung," she admitted in a whisper. 

The older scrunched his nose, shook his head. "I never asked and I didn't want to know."

Dismissing him yet again, Cho-a continued. "Just do something to make me take you more seriously."

"Like what?"

Cho-a shrugged. "Anything. Scare me. Make me angry. Make me sad." She paused, smirked daringly. "If you can, I mean."

Letting his eyes wander through the room, trying not to get too annoyed by the girl's cockiness, Taemin found his eyes getting stuck on the glass-less window behind the girl.

"I can throw you out of that window?" he offered. It was 100% meant as a joke but-

Cho-a nodded. "Sure, sounds like fun~!"

Taemin paused before he turned to Chenle. "Is she okay?"

"Not sure." He himself seemed confused. "Probably?"

Taemin wasn't quite sure if he was more curious or more disturbed. However, either way, he wasn't going to back off. If she had the guts to challenge him like that, then he was going to play along.

Whether or not she was acting - he was about to find out.

He stepped forward, grabbed her hands and pulled her with him over to the window. He pushed her back so that she stood with her heels against the little frame that non-existent window had left.