64 • Fair

I found this while looking for a picture to use for this chapter. It doesn't fit the mood but I like the hat 

• Chapter 64

Chenle and Cho-a sat next to each other, backs pressed against the cold wall of the abandoned building they used as their training space. They sat on the ground, on the blanket they brought with them. It wasn't particularly comfortable or nice or pretty. 

But somehow it was just perfect. 

The older turned his head to look at her. "Do you really want to kill her though?" 

"You heard that?" she asked in surprise as she let her head tumble to the side, quickly meeting his gaze. 

"Mhm," he confirmed with a hum. "You seemed really determined. But would you really do it?" 

Cho-a wasn't quite sure. She didn't know what she would do in the worst-case scenario. 

She nodded though. "Probably." 

"Okay." Chenle looked away. He focused on the void before him, thinking about something. And suddenly, he smiled. He seemed excited, his cheerful nature shining through. "I have an idea." 

The last rays of the deep orange light tinted the grey asphalt in warm colours. It made the scene look more comfortable than it actually was. 

Chenle and Cho-a stood in the middle of a close to liveless space. Parking lots upon parking lots were empty. No soul was around.

Or at least, no human soul. 

Hyun-joo stood next to a handful of helpers. 

"You didn't come alone," she noted. 

"Neither did you," Cho-a retorted. It was her first time meeting that woman. To no surprise, she seemed kind of familiar though.

Young-hee inherited a lot of her mother's features. The same slim nose and delicate lips. Big eyes that held a light brown in them. Though the shape of her face, cheekbones and hair were all different, they visibly remained family. 

Hyun-joo shifted her glare from Cho-a to Chenle who seemed disgusted with the corners of his lips pulled down slightly, lips themselves parted and nostrils flared. 

"I'm also not happy to see you again, so no need to look at me like that," the boy muttered. He looked at the girl briefly. "Our hatred for one another is mutual." 

But frankly, Cho-a didn't need him to spell it out for her - it wasn't hard to see. 

"My daughter told me about you," Hyun-joo said eventually. "She said you are disrespectful, arrogant, weak." 

Hyun-joo watched the younger one's reaction carefully. However, Cho-a didn't seem to mind it too much - she kinda expected it. 

"But you also seem surprisingly calm." 

"I am not," Cho-a replied quickly, laughing as she said it. "Anyway, since you know who I am, I am sure you didn't just call me out here to talk. What do you want?" 

"Preferably?" she asked, looked away as if she was only now thinking about it. "To see you dead." 

Cho-a wasn't surprised. She clicked her tongue, stretched her neck. "Doesn't sound like too much fun on my part." 

Hyun-joo ignored her, just turned her head to look at Chenle.
"I don't care about him though, so if he wants to leave I will give him the chance to."