18 • Worried

• Chapter 18 

Kun had this look on his face. 

It was a look he didn't wear often. And when he wore it, it wasn't because he chose to but because he couldn't hold his emotions back. 

For once, they became too much. 

Though it always felt like that was the one thing that wasn't allowed to happen. He just had to stay composed - for the kids' sake. 

It felt like they couldn't handle it otherwise when, in reality, they were able to look after themselves just fine. 

To Kun, however, they were still just kids. 

He had to watch out for them. 

"You are making me nervous," Cho-a joked half-heartedly. She realized the second that Kun had them meet in Jisung's office that something was off. 

"Talk to us, Kun," Renjun said, his voice a little quiet. Kun's behaviour made him nervous. 

Jisung, on the other hand, leaned against his desk completely unimpressed. He was merely a little confused but otherwise not further bothered by what was happening. 

He didn't mind because he didn't understand. 

"Jisung, I need to ask you for a favour," Kun said, glance jumping over to the younger one who just raised a brow and nodded, telling him to go ahead. "You need to help me look after them." 

"It's not like I don't already do that," Jisung replied. "Besides, why do you need my help? Why not protect her yourself?" 

To Jisung it was obvious that Kun might have had all three in mind - Jeno, Jaemin and Cho-a. Yet his main interest lay in protecting the girl, that he knew. 

Although Jisung was still wondering about something. 

Who Cho-a was to Kun? 

"Also," the younger one added. "She is pretty strong as far as I am concerned. She'll probably be fine without me either way." 

Cho-a smirked. 
"Making me compliments? You must be warming up to me," she said in a kind of provocative tone. 

"I take it back," Jisung said quickly. But quickly wasn't quick enough.  

"Too late~" Cho-a sang almost, satisfied with his little slip-up. 

Interrupting their friendly bickering, Kun pressed himself off the wall behind him, making a step further into the center of the room. 

He looked at Cho-a. 

"The reason why Chenle had to leave Jeno, Jaemin and you was not because of an accident." His tone was cold, a little annoyed. It made it obvious what he was trying to say. 

He said it looked like an accident. 

But it wasn't. 

"Them again?" Cho-a questioned uncertain.  

It grew silent. 

The atmopshere made Renjun nervous and Jisung curious. He looked at Kun, wondering what exactly it was that he knew. 

"They were after the boys only," he said, visibly tense. "After what happened though, they are after Cho-a too. And I assume they have their eyes on Jisung as well."

Jisung pushed a lazy breath past his almost closed lips.
"Everyone has their eyes on me."

Cho-a rolled her eyes at Jisung, who cocked an eyebrow at that, then turned back to Kun. 

"Anyway, what are you trying to say?" Jisung asked impatiently. 

"I'm trying to say that we don't know their motives," Kun explained, watching Jisung. "So with them knowing you are on Jaemin, Jeno and Cho-a's side, there is no telling what they will do." 

What they will do?

What will they do?

Cho-a held her breath for a second ere looking up at the older ones with worry. She took a step back.  

Tiny.

Hesitant. 

"It's-" she muttered but cut herself off, glared at the floor expressionless. 

Jisung watched her closely, his gaze dug into her eyes. He was trying to see what she saw. He was trying to understand what she was thinking about. 

He didn't get what got her so worked up. 

All of a sudden, she looked up, head tilted to the side as she smiled.
"I'll get some fresh air," she said, voice almost hoarse. She had already turned around and opened the door to leave.  

"Cho-a," Renjun called out. He made a step towards her to hold her back, yet he stopped when he noticed Kun's tight grip on his shoulder. 

"Let her." 

He hesitated, eyes on the door. He didn't really want to do as the older one said but he figured Kun would know. 

So he stepped to the side instead and let himself fall onto the arm chair to the side, a deep sigh sounding afterwards. 

Jisung watched the two curiously.
"What's she so worried about?" 

His gaze got stuck on his friend who sat with a slumped posture, kneading his own hands to calm himself. 

"About Jaemin, Jeno," Renjun replied, then looked up at Jisung. "And you." 

Jisung's eyes widened. 
"Me?" he chuckled in disbelief, looked at Kun as if trying to figure out if this was a joke. 

Which it wasn't. 

"I can protect myself, Renjun. Cho-a knows that." 

Renjun tilted his head back a little. He seemed exhausted from whatever was on his mind. 
"No," he said sternly. "She doesn't." 

The way he Jisung looked down at him made him seem utterly arrogant. It felt like he was dismissing whatever apparently unreasonable worry the girl held. 

Getting tired of it, Renjun got up, stepped closer to Jisung and put his hands into his pockets.
"But you can try convincing her if you think she will trust you enough to believe you," he said and left the room. 

• Worried 

Honestly, I like writing dark-ish chapters but I feel like they also kinda bring down the mood so here is some cute Jisung to lighten it again 🐧💕