71 • Perish

spicy boys

not @ this story having 50k reads,, ily all so much 😭😭

Chapter 71 

Cho-a pulled at Jisung's sleeve that she had been holding onto tightly for the past couple of minutes. 

Ever since they got here her nervosity had been growing. It was obvious that she didn't like being here - even though technically seen, this was at least half her home. 

Meanwhile, the boy couldn't help but smile at her behaviour. He liked how close she stayed to him and he liked how much attention she kept to his movements.

He patted her head soothingly. "It's okay."

"I don't like it here," Cho-a muttered in return.

"It's pretty much like earth though."

She hummed in agreement. "Maybe that's the problem," she said. "It looks like I've been here before but also kinda not." 

"Just enjoy the change of scenery." 

Cho-a was quick to shake her head. "I can't."

"Why not?" he asked right away, spotting the worried tone in her voice. Small, barely there - but Jisung heard it nonetheless.

"Because," she whispered, "people keep staring at us."

She was right. Jisung had barely noticed all the eyes that followed them around whenever they passed by grim reapers or, occasionally, guardians that found their way here.

Because of his status alone, he was used to attracting attention. It barely bothered him anymore. 

Cho-a, however, had stayed low her entire life, following Do-hun's, Kun's and Renjun's instructions closely. So yeah, she was nervous. 

But maybe there was more than that. Something that bothered Jisung. Something that stuck with him ever since Renjun mentioned it. 

"Yah, Mr. King of Death," Cho-a called him judgingly.

Jisung was unsurprised by the name although it had been a while since she addressed him like that.
"Hm?"

"You can't be nervous too," she warned him.

"Wh-"

"I see that frown and the clenched jaw-- by the way, don't do that, it's bad for your teeth," she said, her voice getting soft towards the end of her sentence.

Jisung nodded slowly as he relaxed. "Sorry."

"It's okay," she reassured in a sweet voice before jumping back into a strict tone. "Anyway, you can't be nervous because I am nervous and only one of us can feel nervous now."

"But-"

"I know, I know. You said there were problems and you acted all mysterious and since you behave this way I am sure I won't like what you are going to tell me. But for my sake, please at least try to feel more confident than me." 

Cho-a talked fast, spitting her thoughts out in an uncontrolled mess just to make sure she wouldn't forget to mention anything. She looked up at the tall boy, grip still tight around his arm, and tried her best to ignore her discomfort. 

Meanwhile, Jisung wasn't quite sure. The way she spoke almost sounded funny, the way she looked at him remained worried and the tone of her voice was strict. 

He took a deep breath, stopped walking and put his hands on her arms as he turned to face her. 

"Okay." He smiled. "As you wish." He leaned forward, gently pressed his lips against her forehead and gave her a kiss.