60 • The quiet before the

I call this picture "ubb"

• Chapter 60 

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Cho-a asked cutely, with nothing but pure intentions on her side. 

Choking on his spit, Jisung started coughing violently. Amidst trying hard to regain his composure, the girl merely gave him a confused look. 

"You okay?" she asked carefully. 

He shook his head quickly. "Are you okay?" he asked in return. However, essentially ignoring his reaction, she was quick to hum in confirmation. 

"I'm fine." She said that with a smile. Light-hearted. Soft. Words floating through the room carefree. "Was that a no, by the way?" 

"Wha-" Jisung began but stopped himself. He smiled awkwardly, careful about what he was going to say next. "Cho-a, darling, please explain what exactly you mean." 

She pushed out an understanding oh. "I just want to cuddle," she said as if it was evident anyway. "Actually I was waiting for you to make a move first but you never did so I got tired of waiting and decided to ask you myself."

Throwing her arms around the surprised-looking boy, she grinned happily. 

"But that's okay. I don't mind taking the initiative," she declared. "It's cute when you get flustered anyway." 

"I don't get flustered," Jisung replied with a huff. 

"Ah~" Cho-a exhaled knowingly. She played along for a moment before frowning ever so slightly. "Why are your ears all red then?" 

"Because it's hot in here," he retorted, ignoring the fact that he never really felt cold nor hot due to his nature. 

Smirking, Cho-a raised a brow. "Your excuses are weak but I'll let it slide," she said, then dismissed the topic for now. "Also, what did you talk about with the boys after I left?" 

After the meeting, Cho-a left to let the others discuss things just in case there was anything they wanted to ask or talk about - without her being present. She hung out with Jeno and Jaemin while the others were talking inside. 

However, contrary to what Cho-a was imagining so vividly, they weren't particularly worried about who she was. They were just interested in how they came to be friends and how she ended up sharing her secret. 

"Anyway, nothing much," Jisung concluded after explaining. He pushed himself up from the sofa and made a small step towards the kitchen. "What does the lady want for dinner?" 

"You." 

"Cho-a," Jisung warned, not reacting to her amused expression. "I'm being serious." 

"So am I." 

"Please stop-" 

She hesitated, narrowed her eyes. "Fine," she agreed reluctantly. However, her disappointment didn't last long before she smirked. "Let's continue this conversation later." 

Jisung rolled his eyes but ignored her otherwise. He stood still, watched her expectantly. 

"So you are going to cook?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Because anything you make tastes amazing," she complimented, smiling sweetly. However, something about it seemed fake and a little too stiff for it to be the truth. 

So Jisung looked at her doubtfully, a brow raised. "You're just too lazy to do it yourself, aren't you?" 

Deeply touched, hand above her heart, she questioned,
"Isn't it romantic how well you know me?" 

He scrunched his nose but nodded anyway. "Very."

Entering the kitchen, Cho-a took a seat right away and watched Jisung as he started preparing food. Even though it was an excuse, she really did think that his food tasted better than hers and so she didn't mind what he was going to cook. 

Then again, maybe it tasted better because it involved less effort. 

"Are you cooking for Jeno and Jaemin too?" she asked, seeing how many vegetables he took out of the fridge. "They are coming over, right?" 

"It's safer for them to stay here until we worked everything out," Jisung agreed. 

Cho-a nodded. "Why not let everyone sleep over then?" she suggested. "Renjun, Haechan, Chenle." 

"The house isn't that big," Jisung argued. 

"If everyone shares the rooms," she shrugged. "It's big enough." 

A doubtful look, then he already started frowning. "You want to fill up the guest rooms to have an excuse to share the room with me," he noted. 

Big eyes, parted lips, Cho-a gave him a blank stare. 

And then she nodded. 

"Obviously," she deadpanned. But at the way he looked at her, her confidence wavered, switched for hesitance. She seemed unsure all of a sudden. "Am I too pushy?" 

At which Jisung couldn't hold back an adoring smile. He put down the food, rounded the counter and walked over to Cho-a who watched him closely. Stopping in front of her, he put his arms on her shoulders, linked his fingers behind her head. 

He lowered his head a little. "I thought you liked taking the initiative," he teased. "I was just kidding. I'll make dinner, you go and move your things into my room before the others get here. Okay?" 

Beaming all of a sudden, Cho-a nodded curtly. She put her hands on his cheeks and squeezed them softly, leaned forward to give him a quick peck and then slipped through underneath his arms. She hurried out of the kitchen and upstairs, leaving Jisung behind alone in the room. 

Unable to hold back his smile, he buried his face in his hands. Exhaling deeply, he laughed to himself. 

"I don't get flustered" was an obvious lie. 

• The quiet before the 

this was quick & short but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! 

I'll try to update soon. Until then, as always, I love you guys. Stay healthy 💚💚