17 • Charming

chenji because why not~

• Chapter 17 

Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle and Cho-a peacefully ate their dinner, whilst Renjun and Haechan watched Taemin closely. 

He sat opposite the girl, eyes on her whereas she didn't bother to look up or acknowledge him at all. It was more a lack of interest than the sense of animosity she felt towards him for attacking her friends. 

Sensing the tension, Taemin turned to the side, eyes on the two human boys that were enjoying their dinner. 

"I want to apologize to you," he said. Although Cho-a expected him to sound somewhat reluctant, he didn't come across that way at all. 

Maybe it was the genuine friendship he had with Jisung that made him want to befriend his friends too. Maybe he felt like it was the best option for him. 

The girl didn't care too much, she was mostly just curious. 

Jaemin and Jeno looked up quickly before briefly making eye contact with one another. 

"Oh," Jeno exhaled, then shrugged casually before pointing at the girl. "She's the one you should apologize to. You didn't manage to harm us after all." 

Taemin frowned. "Thanks for pointing that out." 

"Just saying," Jeno said in amusement, then looked at Cho-a as if trying to make sure she felt alright. His eyes got caught on the cut on her face and the faint red marks on her neck. "You hurt her though." 

Renjun exhaled flatly as he leaned back in his chair, gaze still stuck on Taemin who eventually looked at the younger one as well. 

He raised a brow. "Why are you so pissed off? You weren't even there." 

Jaw clenched and hands in fists under the table, Renjun was about to push the chair back and get up when Cho-a put her hand on his shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze. 

"Junnie~" is all she then said. The boy in question shut his eyes for a second, inhaling an incredibly deep breath before calmly leaning back in his seat. 

It was perfect timing that Jisung entered the kitchen just then. At the sight, he carried an amused grin with him.
"I'd be careful," the younger one noted as he sat down next to Taemin. "Renjun is pretty strong; even more so when you make him angry." 

"That's exactly it - why would he get angry?" the oldest questioned. 

"They are close," Haechan explained casually, gaze turning a little sour towards the oldest who threw his hands in the air, a little irritated. 

"Why is suddenly everyone against me?" he questioned, a little oblivious to the situation. 

Jisung scrunched his nose. 
"You asked that question a little too early." His vagueness left everyone at the table sitting in awkward silence before it was promptly interrupted by a knock on the door. "You can ask again in just a second, wait." 

And with that, the boy got up and dragged his feet towards the entrance door. Everyone was watching him closely. He said nothing as he opened the door, just stepped to the side and indicated the other person to enter. 

The others didn't quite see him yet when he asked,
"Where?" 

"Kitchen," Jisung replied as he closed the door, the lock clicking quietly as it moved into place. 

Just as that click sounded faintly, the one and only Kun stepped through the doorframe to the kitchen, eyes immediately on Cho-a who got up right away. 

"Kun," she said in surprise. "Why are you here?" 

"Take a wild guess," he replied and stopped in front of her. A hand on her shoulder, the other one on her chin, turning her head to inspect it. He sighed. 

"I really tried to stay out of it, it's not my fault," the girl defended herself as soon as she got a chance to talk. Kun nodded. 

"I was told that you were just helping. I am not mad, you just worried me," he explained and reached up to pat her head carefully. 

Cho-a smiled, at the words and the affection she received, not minding the eyes that were on the two of them throughout the whole thing. The others watched wordlessly. 

Wordlessly, until Jaemin started grinning.
"Naw, aren't you guys just adorable?" he asked, voice higher than usual, his cheeks puffy from how wide he was grinning. "Really cute." 

Jeno rolled his eyes, chuckled lowly then softly elbowed the younger one and indicated towards his food, telling him to leave them alone. 

Backing away, Kun took a look around the room, his eyes soon landing on Taemin who seemed a little taken aback.
"You attacked her?" his voice was calm, tone low and deep. Cold expression and empty gaze, he looked at the older one who looked back at him with wide eyes. 

"I was just-" Taemin began, then cut himself off, confusion washing over his face. His tone got a little higher when he talked again. "Seriously, who is she that she has all of you to protect her?" 

Cho-a's gaze met Taemin's before she sighed dramatically, throwing her head back in exaggeration. 
"I am just so charming, you know?" 

Taemin frowned. 
"I don't see it."

• Charming