14 • Games

• Chapter 14 

"Do you want to die?" 

The question felt vaguely familiar but the voice had changed. And so did the way it was supposed to sound. 

This time, it was a threat. A genuine one. 

She inhaled thoughtfully. 
"Do you?"

"Why?" he pressed out a short laugh. "Think you stand a chance against me?" 

He didn't give her much of a chance to react now. He pulled his hand out of her grasp and aimed at the girl with his other one, barely missing as she ducked and stepped aside quickly. 

"If you just talk big you'll regret it," he warned, turning to face her yet again. Meanwhile, Cho-a's eyes jumped to the side to meet Jeno and Jaemin's. 

Mortified, Jeno clung to his phone desperately as he tried to reach Jisung. 

Jisung - only him. He felt like the right person to call. And as he had said before: there was no need to bother Renjun unnecessarily. 

As Jaemin moved forward the tiniest bit, Cho-a glared at him warningly making him stop. 

And the second that this took her was enough for the man to punch again, fist hitting the girl's face with too much force for her to even comprehend. 

She fell as she stumbled back, head hitting the asphalt beneath her. 

Yet somehow she just kept looking at Jaemin who was about to move yet again.  

"Stay there-" she warned the boy. 

"Don't you want backup?" the man interrupted, leaning down, reaching out. His fingers curled around her throat as he pulled Cho-a up to her feet. 

She struggled to breathe, trying hard to calm herself down. Holding onto the man's arm, she frowned. 

"Cowardly to drag them into this," she said. "Does a grim reaper have no pride that he is ready to fight humans-?" 

Cut off by the pressure around her throat, her breath got stuck in her throat. She shut her eyes close for a second. 

"Do you think I fucking care?" And his fist came rushing down at her. Faster than before. There was more anger inside of him this time. 

Yet this time she stopped his fist again; only barely but still. 

She let go of his arm with her other hand too as she reached out to launch an attack using an incredibly advanced technique- 

she pulled his hair. 

And it worked. He let go. Dropped her as he reached to twist her arm instead. 

"What is your fucking problem?" he asked through her painfilled inhales.

She laughed, voice cracking as she did. 
"Asks the man who choked me out of nowhere," she retorted, breathing heavily. 

It took him back, made him pause for a second. His eyes ran over her figure yet again. 
"Who are you?" 

She smirked amusedly. 
"Take a wild guess." 

"This isn't a game," he replied, sounding bothered, annoyed. More than he was before.

Meanwhile, Jeno spoke behind them. 

"Jisung you need to--" he said loudly, causing the man to turn around and take a step towards him. He pushed Jeno, ripped his phone out of his grip, slammed it to the ground where it shattered into pieces. 

The man inhaled deeply, eyes glaring down at the boy. His eyes skipped the grey swirls - all colour fading at once, being replaced by a dark gloomy grey. 

"I don't have time for this." He raised his hand yet again to reach for Jeno's throat. He didn't realize that just in the blink of an eye Cho-a moved next to them, pushing the boy out of the way as she grabbed the man's neck, digging her nails into it. 

She was using all the little strength she had left. She was really trying - trying to do something

So when her nails dug slits into his skin, he threw his head back, eyes shutting down at the sudden pain he felt. 

He swore under his breath, had to practically rip his eyelids open again. 
"What the fuck are you?!" he screamed, pushed her away from him before launching towards her. He pushed her back. 

Further. 

Further. 

Until her back hit a wall and she couldn't move stuck between the two. Her arms hung down loosely next to her. He reached up, hand pressing against her throat. 

"Again?" she asked, pushing her luck as her strained voice came out in a pain-filled whisper. "Kinky." 

"You fucking--" 

But as he was about to strike her, he was thrown to the side. As his body hit the ground so did hers. 

For a moment she lost her orientation. Her gaze hung in the air helplessly, before her head fell back, leaning against the wall behind her. 

She inhaled deeply. It felt odd, she felt empty, weak. 

She wasn't made for this. 

When Jeno and Jaemin hurried over, she barely noticed it. Her eyes were on him;

on Jisung. 

He stood above the man, hands in the pockets of his sweater as he glared down at him. 
"Were you about to lose to that girl?" he asked, voice filled with pity. "I really expected more of you, Taemin."

• Games 

I'd also keep my eyes on Jisung only,, he's beautiful