75 • At last

thanks for sticking around clowns <3

Chapter 75 

A couple of days had passed and Jisung had spent every single one of them sitting or lying on the bed next to her. He spent every single day just waiting for her to wake up. 

Waiting.

Until, at the end of a long week, the sun rose and threw rays of light into the bedroom. Their brightness caused Jisung to wake up. 

And it was the same for Cho-a. 

The light pulled her out of her deep slumber. She opened her eyes ever so slightly. It was just enough to spot the boy that was lying right next to her with his eyes still closed, his body turned towards hers, her body turned towards his. 

Cho-a slung her arms around him and pulled herself closer. It was the last bit needed to completely wake him up. 

"You are awake?" Jisung asked in a whisper and she just hummed, agreeing wordlessly. "I was starting to get worried." 

"I promised you," she mumbled, tightened her grip around him. "I'll stay by your side until we are old and wrinkly. Don't worry." 

He brought his hand up to her head, ran his fingers through her hair. "That sounds nice." 

She smiled, faintly. 

A couple of days ago, after having one discussion after the other with Kun and Renjun and Jisung, Cho-a finally decided to just go ahead with her plan. Quite frankly, Jisung was serious when he said that he wanted to kill Young-hee. She deserved it, he was certain about that. 

But Cho-a felt that it was too easy. 

"How's Young-hee?" she wondered. 

"You did well," he praised her, making her smile. "It all worked out." 

It all worked out. Young-hee followed her mother's fate to live a new life. 

A life as small and insignificant and human as it could get for someone like them. 

"Now she can live a normal life together with her mother," she pointed out, seemingly satisfied. "I hope they'll hate it." 

Jisung nodded. "They will." 

"Good." Cho-a smiled. "And what's with the rest?" 

Jisung hummed as he traced his fingers down her temple, jaw, neck. 

"Hyun-joo has too many supporters to find all of them," he explained. "But those that got themselves involved in her mess are imprisoned and those that killed humans are already dead." 

Cho-a raised a brow. "You are really strict with that rule." 

He pushed his bottom lip out a little as he thought about it. 
"I have to," he decided. "We wouldn't even exist without humans, so of course I have to be strict." 

A little impulsive. A little immature at times. But Jisung was also smart. Responsible. Caring. 

Cho-a smiled. "You are amazing. They're lucky that you are the king." 

Hm. 

Jisung hummed. He wasn't quite sure. 

He wasn't quite sure what to do. 

He kept looking at her until her image was burnt into his memory. He listened carefully to every word she spoke in hopes that he would never forget the sound of her voice.